[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /lit/, I know this will go under appreciated. But I would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
Hi, /lit/, I know this will go under appreciated. But I would just like to say that I love this board and those posters that take their time to contribute to threads. This is the only board that doesn't make me depressed or gives me the vague sense that something very wrong is going on. It has also opened my eyes to how much there is yet to experience, and that makes me happy about the future. Thanks faggots.
>>
>>7663961
*shoves you against a locker* hey! y-you're alright anon
>>
we're harsh on each other here but I think its all for the better
>>
>>7663961
Man, 4chan has really one to shit if you think /lit/ is comparatively ok.
/lit/ used to be even better than this.
RIP archives
>>
>>7663961
The death of the archives and the last few months have been a tremendous blow.

That said, I still have /fit/
>>
>>7664037
Compared to the other boards it is great. An 'this board use to be good' is just another meme you find all over.
>>
>>7664051
I hate "this board used to be good" but the second /his/ popped up and the top 100 went to reddit, this place took a 50% hit in quality.
>>
>>7664056
Well, I wish I was here back then.
>>
>>7664042
C'MON
>>
>>7664073
At least when people say, "/fit/ never change" they are being serious. /fit/ never changes, it just gets less relevant the more you lift.

/ck/, /gif/, and /vg/ also are pleasingly static
>>
>>7664056
You're talking shit. This place was just as memey pre-/his/. Maybe there were a few more DFW shitposts though.
>>
>>7664051
>>7664056
Call it a meme, but i have been here way too long.
In the past couple years (and after the leddit invasion) the variety of books discussed went to shit. There was a thread dedicated to non-meme books/books never discussed here the other day, and many of them were lesser memes from ca. 2011 that had just been forgotten. They were never replaced, we just discuss less and post more /soc/-tier threads. Those threads aren't that annoying because of how particular our interests etc. still tend to be, but there seems to be more with each passing month.
>>
>>7664082
True. The only change I've noticed in gif over the past few years is that the tranny threads are a bit more frequent.
>>
>>7664083
yeah but there was /his/ general with sweet sweet references and bookzz links. Also the level of discourse was more exploratory and less...Fahrenheit 451 and Psycho
>>
>>7664084
I started in 2012 when Sailor who Fell From Grace with the Sea was flavor of the month and Stoner was being rediscovered.

I feel like that couldnt happen again now
>>
>>7664089
Lad those threads weren't that great, just go onto Oxford Bibliographies.
>>
>>7664056
>>7664089
What happened to /his/? I've tried the board but can never quite get stuck into it. Seems too aimless.
>>
>>7664098
I do, but it was better to have it posted nice and clean for me, and the discourse and recommendations and requests guided the flow.

>>7664101
The level of discussion is roughly that of early 2000s history channel. There is no scholarly consideration, and copy pasting wiki leaks is considered sources. No one is reading, and everyone is shouting over each other with their uneducated opinions.
>>
>>7664101
It's still a baby. I just use it to post about the ancient finns.
>>
>>7664101
Different anon but I agree. It feels that threads are about random kings of some irrelevant land from 5,000 B.C., with all the religious debate threads along with unironic we Wuz kangz type stuff.
>>
>>7664092
Everyone finding Stoner and actually reading it around the same time was something special. Now anytime it gets discussed everyone is rustled about some feminist critic struggling to stay relevant for shitting on the book, and a bunch of frog posting about
>tfw I have no qt 3.14 grad student
I can imagine what it would be like if Hunger became meme-tier again.
>feels guy everywhere
>"quote" what did he mean by this?
>>
Why did /his/ have to take all the other humanities? /lit/ feels pretty barren when they get all the peripheral philosophy, religion linguistics (off of just a cursory view of active stuff there) etc. /lit/ is now streamlined but I feel like it's at the expense of traffic because we move a lot slower than we used to.
>>
>>7664120
>at the expense of traffic
I'm finding the board faster than it was. Post quality is about the same as well, same shit, different memes.
>>
>>7664120

I like /his/ quite a lot and I would strongly prefer it if the other humanities were still based on /lit/.
>>
>>7664073
>At least when people say, "/fit/ never change" they are being serious. /fit/ never changes, it just gets less relevant the more you lift.

Yeah I stopped browsing /fit/ a year ago when it became 95% supermong shitposting. Sometimes I stop in for /owg/ threads.

As for /lit/ it's great because, like OP mentioned, it's one of the few boards where your psyche isn't being eroded by cuck threads, or traps, or body dysmorphia. It's reason I pretty much only browse /lit/ now.

Also, I think the more you browse/lit/ the more likely you are to read. The more you read the more you can contribute to the board without shitposting. There are always new meme books dedicated readers shill enough to get others to read and perpetuate the meme. Its like a big organic bookclub where you don't decide the next book, the memes do. I like it.
>>
File: Bourbaki.png (61 KB, 710x155) Image search: [Google]
Bourbaki.png
61 KB, 710x155
A good thing about /sci/ is that there are fairly many (5?) guys who know something about formal logic and modern developments in that field.
It's a little odd that this kind of crystallized as the only topic with higher level knowledge in the last 3 years there - but maybe I'm just biased
>>
>>7664150
Supermong gets IP banned no matter what now.

/plg/ still has worth for me, otherwise tinder, fatties doing fad diets, and fat hate is consistently funny.
>>
The board is definitely slower than it used to be, used to be comparable to /his/ now.
>>
the /his/ split was one of the best things to have happened

praise chinese moot
>>
>>7663961
That's such an aesthetically pleasing shelf but I can't get over how impractical it is.
>>
I think what saves /lit/ is the occasional community project and the feedback threads. From what I've seen the quality in the feedback threads is decent and respectful, while it isn't fantastic OC, there are still people producing OC.
>>
>>7664758
This is true, sadly the majority of posts in feedback threads don't get responded too, but that's not really a fault in the community so much as it is simple supply and demand.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.