[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parmenides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
What are some good secondary texts and insights about Parmenides?
>>
The philosophy /lit/ guide suggests this book, which I didn't read yet. But you should be aware that, since it was written by Anglos, I'm certain that it has an analytical bias.
>>
>>7663225
Heidegger's interpretation from what I've heard
>>
>>7663237
also Reiner Schurmann in his "Broken Hegemonies" has a pretty good interpretation
>>
>>7663225
Seth Benardete has two essays, both contained in the posthumous collection "The Archaeology of the Soul," and both of which might be interesting to you. One is a substantial study of the poem of Parmenides, and its insights are truly phenomenal and unlike anything else you'll see in any scholarship on Parmenides. The other is a brief sketch of Plato's dialogue Parmenides.
>>
>>7663236
thanks.
>>7663237
Thanks, but I've heard that he doesn't talk much about Parmenides.
>>7663240
Thanks
>>7663518
Thanks!
>>
>>7663237
Does one need to be read in Heidegger to read his interpretations? I'm thinking of reading his interpretation of Heraclitus.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.