[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of this book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Er_ist_wieder_da_(book_cover).jpg (13 KB, 428x640) Image search: [Google]
Er_ist_wieder_da_(book_cover).jpg
13 KB, 428x640
What does /lit/ think of this book?
>>
>>7663010
unfunny normie-bullshit
>>
>>7663017
>"normie"

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7663027
>Timur Vermes

>>>/reddit/
>>
File: Bosshafter_Führer.jpg (60 KB, 432x623) Image search: [Google]
Bosshafter_Führer.jpg
60 KB, 432x623
>>7663010
Beschissen. Aber es hat seine Momente.
>>
Anyone that can recommend any good modern German books? I wanna practice my German and reading classics is too slow, but I don't know of any modern German books.

It doesn't really even have to be that good, since the process of learning the language will be the main entertainment. As long as the prose is simple and close to the german used in conversations, it should be perfect.
>>
>>7663010
I see the joke but I don't laugh. Repeat ad nauseaum.
>>
>>7663052
Sebastian Fitzek. A brilliant thriller author, his books really capture you.

Also, look up the Spiegel Best Books list. Most of the books there are pure cancer (like "Er ist wieder da") but some are quite good.
>>
>>7663052
in the german threads we used to recommend authors like max frisch or duerrenmatt.
this might help as well with your studies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRhf98aKsto (make sure subs are switched on)
>>
>>7663073
Neither of those are all that modern. Is the language used as simple as a book written in 2000> would be?
>>
>>7663080
Yeah, it's fairly simple languagewise. But why don't you start with something shorter like news websites before you force yourself through a whole book? What's your level anyway?
>>
>>7663092
I don't know my level, but I'm at the point where I can read the majority of sentences without having to look up words.
>>
>>7663093
Maybe you could read a german translation of a book you already know as a warm up?
>>
>>7663101
That's a pretty good idea, think I'll do that
>>
>>7663123
It's what I usually tell my students, helps them a lot. Although most of them watch their favorite tv shows with german dubs instead. It's a good method if you want to learn the correct pronunciation of german words.
>>
>>7663137
Yep I already do that with netflix and proxy, but I wanted to get into some reading as well
>>
The Downfall Parody of literature.
>>
>>7663052
Heinz>>7663052
Strunk maybe?
>>
>>7663168
He's not bad but a foreigner might not get all the jokes and northern dialect.
>>
File: Franke-in-erster-Hippie-Kommune.jpg (131 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Franke-in-erster-Hippie-Kommune.jpg
131 KB, 900x600
>>7663052
Christian Kracht's "Imperium". He write about pre-ww1 German gay proto-hippies trying (and dying) living from coconuts on a Papuan island, then part of the German Empire. Based on a true story, picrelated.
>>
>>7663052
Another modern author would be Ferdinand von Schirach - he's a lawyer and wrote numerous short stories based on his cases. Mostly depressing. There are at least two collections - "Verbrechen" and "Schuld". The language isn't particularly hard and most of the time the stories are short (but dark!).
>>
>>7663355
That be true.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.