[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Book of the New Sun is on my backlog, hopefully I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: shadow and claw.jpg (34 KB, 314x475) Image search: [Google]
shadow and claw.jpg
34 KB, 314x475
The Book of the New Sun is on my backlog, hopefully I'll get to it soon. What are your thoughts on it?
>>
Doesnt this book have some goil whos cursed with huge magical breasts. Like she cant fight or escape because her tits weigh her down.
>>
Pretty damn good, definitely one to re-read again and again for all the details and subtleties.
>>
>>7662858
lol no, you must be thinking of the undines, Abia's wives, who have grown so large they cannot leave the ocean or they'd fall apart from the gravity.
>>
Someone here once said Wolfe is a disciple of Borges in his writing style. Was that person speaking the truth or simply memeing?
>>
>>7662873
Just look it up in the interviews, Gene Wolfe is huge fan of Borges. He even outright says some parts of BOTNS were inspired by him.
>>
If you haven't read Wolfe, read this first, and the commentary.

http://www.gwern.net/Suzanne%20Delage

Wolfe, like Nabokov, loves to write two-narratives in one.
>>
>>7662866
So no boobs in the story?
>>
>>7662889
If it helps they boast that their tits can sink ships.
>>
literally the greatest work of fiction ever written fight me
>>
>>7662858
Yes, actually, her name is Jocasta.
>>
>>7662880
Borges has a cameo in the novel lol
>>7662858
There are giant sea women who can't go out the sea for gravity and there is a woman who is engineered to look gorgeous
>>
>>7662837
I just finished it last night. It was a trip, to say the least. While the books themselves aren't by any means bad, the most enjoyment you'll find from it is from discovering its story-within-a-story. That's when the real crazy shit starts seeping through.
>>
>>7662889
Oh no, there are many boobs.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.