[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /lit/ use audiobooks or are they a waste of time? If no,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: audiobooks.jpg (124 KB, 445x500) Image search: [Google]
audiobooks.jpg
124 KB, 445x500
Does /lit/ use audiobooks or are they a waste of time? If no, what are some good audiobooks?
>>
I think the generally held opinion on /lit/ is that they are convinient to listen to when you have to use your hands, but there are still many important things in the act of reading text alone that are lost, like the ability to go at your own pace or to reread or imagine your own narrative voice.
>>
>>7662200
This.

I listen to Audiobooks whilst driving to and from work, and occasionally at the gym, but you can defiantly miss stuff, as audiobooks are more a passive activity, apposed to an active one.

Some people have trouble reading physical books, myself included, but I think pushing yourself is an important part of the process.
>>
Find an Audio-Play version of The Seagull.

I was listening to it on a bus, and by the end I just sat there in deep silence, and I had missed my stop.
>>
>>7662185
Graphic Audio, chose a category you like and read it .
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.