[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a good literary book I've never heard of but that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1453563497154.png (399 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453563497154.png
399 KB, 500x500
Name a good literary book I've never heard of but that's recognized as great. It can be fiction or non-fiction, from any genre and any language. (Just please not some lame paperback or some college-student manifesto).
>>
>>7661827
Dreams of the Red Chamber
>>
>>7661827
fuck off, anime pedophile
>>
>>7662020
This is just a drawing, gramps.
>>
Tao Lin by Richard Yates
>>
>>7661827
Les Chants de Maldoror
>>
>>7661827
I'll do you one better: I'll name a novel that no one except the pitifully small amount of people who have read it know is great: Milkbottle H. What Nathan "N.R" Gaddis, the closest thing I've seen to an intellectual on goodreads, thinks about it: I attempt a literary triangulation. Does this book stand on its own? Yes. Look, ©1968 ; the following are all nearly contemporary or come later. Orlovitz is writing within the very heart of what I like to call postmodernist/after-Joyce fiction, right toward the peak of its high-modernist variation. I claim no series of influences ; because who has read him? There is a dark heart here, misanthropic perhaps in a mood similar to Kohler, but here its not a characternarrator but the novel itself which seems to spit. Lets say already that Milkbottle H is not designed to make you feel one wit better about being a human being ; there is no celebration here of sexuality, that most inner kernel of the human. More like trauma. If it is a matter of the bitterness of a Gaddis, a bitterness not about The Artist’s place in society but the bitter fact of needing to persist as being human. This body ; disgusting, but there you find yourself."
>>
>>7661827
American Caesar
>>
>>7661827
Pedro Páramo
>>
days of the underground, by nikolai kingsley
>>
>>7662020
>being so cucked
how /lit/ of you
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.