[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Publish the more retarded, simple and meant for laymen book you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9
Publish the more retarded, simple and meant for laymen book you've ever read
pic related
>>
File: trump-crippled-america.jpg (31 KB, 298x454) Image search: [Google]
trump-crippled-america.jpg
31 KB, 298x454
anything by donald trump, it gets even worse when robert kiyosaki joins him
>>
File: outliers1.jpg (19 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
outliers1.jpg
19 KB, 250x333
A girl I went on 4-5 dates with recommended it to me. I told her it was shit and that she was a fucking pleb and I never saw her again. Good riddance.
>>
>>7661593
>>
>>7661810
i gave a speech in my class about this book. the teacher recd it to me for the assignment, i said it was shit basically, and i got an A+.
>>
File: JoyceUlysses2.jpg (63 KB, 585x750) Image search: [Google]
JoyceUlysses2.jpg
63 KB, 585x750
>>7661593
I wish I was kidding.
>>
File: 3rdrate.jpg (28 KB, 466x712) Image search: [Google]
3rdrate.jpg
28 KB, 466x712
Mediocre intro to a"think fast and slow" desu, we should kill the "because journalist can describe stuff they understand it " meme. Fucker parrots the people he interviews and than draws the wrong conclusions. Thrash
>>
File: 1454295480833.jpg (427 KB, 3072x2040) Image search: [Google]
1454295480833.jpg
427 KB, 3072x2040
>>7661846

When will the memes stop
>>
ITT we out edge ourselves
>>
Self help books help directionless people go on track, sure they aren't made for your average 'over educated' white nerd like most of /lit/ but you shouldn't bash simple books.
>>
I distinctly recall reading the 4 hour workweek a while ago and being amazed at how transparent the author's bragging is.

Self-help is usually pretty bad, but the 4 hour WorkWeek is just over the top bad.

It's like the whole book is a self-esteem exercise in getting the reader to think the author is the coolest man on earth.

He doesn't even limit it to usual self help fare like "I'm rich, ripped and get tons of chicks" (though there's plenty of that), he also brags about all these sports championships he won after just a week of training by l33t h4Xing the rules.

I distinctly recall this one part where he bragged about winning this wrestling championship by doing something that was technically within the rules but very much against the spirit of the contest. Like, dude, what's the point? I could see trying to pull something like that if there was money on the line, but as far as I could tell, he was just doing this contest to prove he could win... Well sure you did asshole, by rigorously studying the sport's rulebook to find loopholes you could exploit. What a load of utter crap.

He then brags about how now everybody in Chinese kickboxing uses his 'rule hax', so if his story is true, he not only is a douchebag and a poor sportsman but actually contaminated the culture of an entire sport by setting a poor example.

That's just one example but the whole book is full of the same thing. I'm actually pretty certain that Tim Ferriss is a cancer, a literal cancer.
>>
>>7662354

As a guy who lives a lifestyle not unlike The 4 Hour Workweek (I work from home, roughly 15 hours a week, am my own boss, make more than the national average), I don't think this book is good for 'regular people.'

The type of 'lifehacks' Tim recommends require an unusual personality profile and at least an average IQ. I just can't see some shiftless redneck profiting from 'outsource your sales process to India,' you need to have your shit together BEFORE advice like that comes into the picture.
>>
File: bible.jpg (4 KB, 179x282) Image search: [Google]
bible.jpg
4 KB, 179x282
>>
File: 1417383515776.gif (2 MB, 335x237) Image search: [Google]
1417383515776.gif
2 MB, 335x237
>>7662587
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.