[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Familiar Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 23012473.jpg (201 KB, 312x475) Image search: [Google]
23012473.jpg
201 KB, 312x475
He's going to do 26 volumes for this "multi volume novel". Up till now the volumes have been at ~800-900 pages. How can he justify this? It's all going to be filler.
>>
he's a hack, he can justify everything
>>
>>7661229

I guess. I feel like I want to read them just because of the sheer size of it. But then again life's too short to read bad books.
>>
most of the pages are probably one word
>>
>>7661244

Or less.
>>
>>7661241
>I want to read them just because of the sheer size of it
>quantity = quality

assuming he follows through with his claim, and this isn't some bs marketing/attention ploy. or he decides to "redefine" the word volume to put multiple volumes in one cover once he gets bored. or better yet a few years down the road he reopens the file and "change all: she->he" and "he->she" and ta-da! next volume is done. i mean xanther? wouldn't be too hard to do.
>>
>>7661221
Why didn't authors who actually knew how to write do this sort of stuff? Just Nabokov or Joyce writing thousands of pages of filler.
>>
>>7661277
>Nabokov or Joyce

That sounds pleasant.
>>
>>7661221
It's not exactly heavy work if you know his writing.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 311x475
>>7661277
>Joyce writing thousands of pages of filler.

>>implying
>>
>>7661295
Touché.
But to be fair, he didn't write much else.
>>
He stole Kolsti's gimmick for part 1, revealing that either he or someone in his creative circle uses 4chan.
>>
>>7661277
Because they knew it'd be a ridiculous waste of time. There's literally no reason to stretch one story out for that many pages.

Joyce may have spent 17 years writing Finnegans Wake, but those years were spent on packing a paragraph's worth of meanings into each sentence, sometimes into each word.
>>
>>7661295
>Ulysses
>Thousands of pages
Have you even read it or are you just memeing? It's not even as long as Infinite Jest.
>>
>>7661527
What do you mean? What gimmick?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.