[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has my idea potential?: A book where an important government
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: can't wake up.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1504) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1504
Has my idea potential?:

A book where an important government official in a dystopian future finds out that is daughter is dying of a supposedly "incurable" disease. He knows that the government has a cure, but he's not high ranking or well-liked enough to get it.
The situation ends with him joining forces with several fugitives wanted by the government and they set out to find the cure and discredit the government.
There's a general malaise in society because the people are doped up and just accept everything they hear from the government as truth. The disease that afflicts the man's daughter is one that's essentially gone unchecked for decades since it's effectively stopped society from becoming overpopulated, which is why the cure isn't widespread.
Anyhow, the group is convinced that getting the truth out will wake the people from their malaise and after an arduous struggle they finally manage to get some documents out there which raises society's suspicion for its government.
With the people's suspicions awakened (and despite two of the four members of the group dying), the remaining two people, the man and his possible love interest set out to find the cure. After a considerable amount of digging they the secret lab where the cure is supposedly kept. The pair covertly enter the lab, find the cure, and find the unpleasant truth. The government was responsible for concocting the disease in the first place (the proof is in the form of lab videos, tests, etc). It is then that they are discovered. The man barely escapes and the woman with him is killed. The man resolves to cure his daughter and reveal the truth to the world. On his way to the hospital with the cure a homeless vagrant mugs and then shoots him. The man dies, the vial with the cure shatters, and the documents are thrown away (the vagrant rifled through the man's belongings).

I think most of what I'd write would have an ending where everything that happened was for nothing.
>>
>>7661043
>dystopian future
no, sorry
>>
File: 459086.png (384 KB, 600x790) Image search: [Google]
459086.png
384 KB, 600x790
>>7661043
did johny use her and why woyld he hurt her.....
>>
>>7661043
This sounds like 1984 with a ticking clock element desu.
>>
>>7661043
that pic wtf kek no stop this
>>
>>7661043
Your insecurity physically hurts me. You write the most basic, genre-fiction, tried and tired dystopian cliche YA-oriented banal linear excuse for a novel and "redeem" yourself by subverting it all with an ending that's as edgy as it is childish?
>>
File: 1401937215465.jpg (24 KB, 189x165) Image search: [Google]
1401937215465.jpg
24 KB, 189x165
>Dystopian future
Lel nope

Sounds way too much like 1984/ a brave new world
>>
File: carauto.jpg (152 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
carauto.jpg
152 KB, 1000x667
>>7661093
>>
>>7661043
It could be good but it doesn't sound like it will be. This sounds like its gonna be generic dystopian YA with no depth.

Try writing it anyways though. It's important to get practice writing, and its unfair to judge a book based on a five paragraph summary. It could be good. And even if it isn't good, this will be a learning experience.
>>
>>7661043
Stopped at dystopian.
>>
File: learning to love again.png (482 KB, 687x626) Image search: [Google]
learning to love again.png
482 KB, 687x626
>>7661085
what does this expression convey
>>
>>7661099
If one has will and might to write a text of such considerable length, why waste it on abomination? Every man and woman can conjure images and ideas in his or her head, this is a passive talent, thoughts are born without our permission. But translating it to text is a rare talent. A man with genious concepts is meek in comparison to one who can write them down. Don't waste yourself, I beg.
>>
>>7661043
I just realized that this is high quality bait. There's a fucking picture of John Green.
>>
>>7661106
>My consciousness has succeeded to repress the fact that if I hadn't wifed up a dominant 4/10 faminazi years before becoming a millionaire writer, I could now literally pick from hordes of 17 year old YA fan girls. My dick would drown in prime pussy. Sometimes, for a few seconds, I realize.
- the face.
>>
File: Twelve_monkeysmp.jpg (22 KB, 260x387) Image search: [Google]
Twelve_monkeysmp.jpg
22 KB, 260x387
>what is 12 monkeys?

better question is does your writing, character development, pacing, prose, scene setting, dialogue, etc. have any potential? if it does you can make any rehashed idea into a good new story.
>>
File: caraOK.png (433 KB, 406x505) Image search: [Google]
caraOK.png
433 KB, 406x505
>>7661126
It's not supposed to be bait, I took in from a post in my /r9k/ thread about their book ideas
>>>/r9k/26251843
>>
>>7661043
It sounds like a terrible supermarket thriller that no one would publish. It might work as a screenplay to a shitty movie that I wouldn't watch.
>>
>>7661106
>finally made it
>>
>>7661043
It's not as shit as everyones pretending it is but it just muddles on as you'd expect with nothing particularly interesting appening. If it was well written it would be fine.
>>
>>7661116
Most of the things you write early on will be abominations, so the idea is to get as much of it out of your system in one shot as possible.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.