[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is House Of Leaves the worst thing to happen to literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
Is House Of Leaves the worst thing to happen to literature?
>>
>>7660549
is that real
>>
No, the burning of the library of Alexandria was.
>>
>>7660583
In comparison to that, I would argue that House Of Leaves is still worse.
>>
>>7660583
Meme

Yes OP it is along with other books that 'are supposed to be shit you just don't get it'
>>
>>7660549
How much of a spaz does reading this thing make you look like? Just imagine reading it in public and flipping it every which way like a retard.
>>
>>7660549
There is nothing wrong with arranging words in a certain way to illustrate something. The only bad thing about House of Leaves is that it does it too much.
>>
>>7660605
Danielewski is a self-indulgent gimmick author.
>>
>>7660549
No The Familiar series is
If you think House of Leaves is gimmicky, check The Familiar out
dear god
>>
>>7660549
>>7660593
>>7660595
>>7660596

It's really not that bad.

House of Leaves has more than a few gimmicks, but it does a few interesting things and the story is actually pretty creepy at times

It has a small hipster following, but that's about it.
>>
>>7660615
>>7660622
>>7660631
>gimmick

Is that what maymays in a book are called?
>>
>>7660583
Hey, Reddit!
>>
>>7660643
Meme doesn't even mean anything this days
>anything popular
>anything I don't like
>anything I want to make fun of
>anything mainstream
>>
>>7660655
You're mixing up "meme" with "reddit".
>>
>>7660655
this is a meme response 2bh
>>
>>7660643
>>7660655
No, he does nothing but use typographical gimmicks like colored text, mirror writing, sideways text, etc.
>>
>>7660681
I know. I read it.

I'm just memeing by implying that I assume /lit/ speaks the same meaningless shit (memes, reddit) every other board does, but by using its own special little buzzwords.
>>
HAHAHA MEMES AM I RIGHT GUYS HAHAHA MEME MEME YOU MEME? ME MEME! EVERYBODY MEME! HAHAHA
>>
>>7660698
are you being ironic or post-ironic or are you making fun of people who say this sincerely or people who say this ironically or people who say this post ironically?
>>
>>7660786
for>>7660778
>>
>>7660778
You seem upset.
>>
>>7660671
but reddit is a meme, anon
>>
>>7660792
I dunno anon he seems to be enjoying himself, look at all that laughter
>>
>>7660778
> YOU MEME? ME MEME! EVERYBODY MEME!

Literally what David Foster Wallace, Thomas Pynchon and James Joyce tried to say in the draught excluder trilogy but more concisely. Bravo, anon
>>
I liked it. It's fun. Even if it is YA-fiction for people wanting to avoid YA-fiction.
>>
>>7660778
> ME MEME!

is this a highly post-ironic example of shorthand avant-garde post-African poetry?
>>
I like it. The hidden notes in the letters from mom, the self-contained story about the explorers going into the house as if it were Mt Everest, and especially the hidden Minotaur...

Its good stuff!
>>
>>7660868
>liking memes
>>
>>7660549
I heard it's great so fuck your face
>>
>>7660583
>not the sack of baghdad
pleb choice
>>
>>7660583
This still triggers me to think about. All those lost works. It probably wasn't a single fire though. House is an ok book as a light read. It didn't take long to read. Make sure you read proper books too.
>>
>>7660806
>the draught excluder trilogy
Kek
>>
>>7660874

Well i heard it's shit so fuck your face
Go back to /x/, faggot
>>
>>7660806
> the draught excluder trilogy

Best post in this thread.
>>
>>7660874
Lmao who the fuck told you it was good
>>
>>7660931
No. YOU fuck YOUR face. Seriously is this all lit is? people who are for the meme or against it

>>7661113
https://www.librarything.com/work/1488/reviews select all trees nigger
>>
>>7661150
No YOU FUCK YOUR FACE ASS NIGGER FAGGOT DICK HEAD WANK

haha I win
>>
>>7661157
yeah its evening here that means the eurotrash gets on lit and start smashing their wooly and panging the ribber nellies all tonsils and yarn
>>
>>7661113
Cliff "Gimme Money" Sargent
>>
>>7660872
Huh?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.