[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove aesthetic relativism wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: vapourwave.jpg (700 KB, 900x1005) Image search: [Google]
vapourwave.jpg
700 KB, 900x1005
Prove aesthetic relativism wrong.
>>
>>7659822

>>>/hw/
>>
>>7659822
Prove it right. See? I can do I too.
>>
One cannot prove vague phrases like 'aesthetic relativism' to be 'wrong' since it is not a proposition that can be evaluated as such.
>>
>>7659822
The entire point of vapourwave is ironic. It is aesthetically appealing, but it mocks all those clocks, shirts and consumerist pieces of junk that pretentious middle class women buy. You can't purchase an original roman artwork, not capture the inspirational feeling of great art in a commercial product.

The fact of the matter is that 'contemporary' art is become boring and repetitive. You can only photograph a cross in piss so many times.

It is also somewhat of a lament for the formlessness of post modernist society, which itself is becoming an old thing.
>>
Vapor waves aesthetic is ass

Dude like Greek status and pink checkerboards lmao
>>
>>7659972
>Vapor waves aesthetic is ass
but its SUPPOSED to be ass, you just dont get it bro haha
>>
>>7659972
Only Macintosh started the whole greek thing. fuck if i now why it stuck
>>
>>7659822

>those vases

Brilliant.
>>
>>7659822
why does vaporwave make me think of the 90s
>>
vaporware actually have something to do with aesthetic relativism and there is an argument that it does prove the negative

here is how, even though it is a meshup of old songs those songs are supra-cultural, a part of the globalist consumerist culture and because the appreciating of vaporware still rests on some connectedness with that supra-culture it is at least from that perspective inter-cultural since there is bad vaporware, or at least the bad execution of the form.

Instead of culture/individual's aesthetic value it becomes the assumed "belonging" of the music to either the vaporware form, the anxiety it produces, or to the original music it is suppose to cut from. whatever the case it went beyond the criteria its parts originally belonged to.

but it probably says nothing about a "pure" non-cultural judgement of aesthetics
>>
>>7660142
>ware
>>
>>7660131

Because it's largely based on things from the late 80s/early 90s
>>
>>7660153
wave*
>>
>>7659968
>It is also somewhat of a lament for the formlessness of post modernist society, which itself is becoming an old thing.
Did we ever have such a thing? When did it die? What is replacing it?
>>
>>7660708
You know we won't know until we're halfway through the next thing.
>>
>>7662657
Is anyone trying to discern the current thing?
>>
>vaporwave

Awful. You may as well; browse /mu/ or /fa/.
>>
>>7663484
Well artists tend to smell the change of a culture long before the rest of that culture. I'd argue the cult of the hero is what is rising at the moment. People are sick of the mass society movements.

The rise of great men and great heroes is what people want.
>>
Im so glad /his/ exists now
>>
>>7659822
Statistically verifiable preference for men and women who aren't obese.
>>
>>7660708
I hope they come up with something other than post-postmodern. I mean, it'd just be ridiculous if 100 years from now, there'd be such a term as postpostpostpostpostmodernism.
>>
>>7665831
We'll probably end up with something like metamodernism or neomodernism. Then we'll have post-neomodernism. Neopostneomodernism etc.
>>
>>7659968
good post
>>7659972
bad post
>>
>>7660708
yeah it was a real big thing from the 60's to the 90's. I'd say we're still really in the thick of it right now, but people are smelling the whiffs of what will be passé in 2050.
>>
>>7666063
Then there'll be pseudo-modernism.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.