[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: peirrotlafoupic2.jpg (162 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
peirrotlafoupic2.jpg
162 KB, 792x792
I was considering getting several of them. I don't know, though.

Rabbit is Rich - John Updike
Rabbit at Rest - John Updike
Binocular Vision - Edith Pearlman
The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
The Fugitives - Panos Karnesiz
The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan

I'm not keen on John Updike, but I thought I might give him a third chance. Pearlman is pretty good, and Karnesiz is great, but hit and miss. Some of those books are famous, some obscure. What do you think of them?
>>
No opinions on someone like Updike? Or Donna Tartt? Seriously?
>>
I never understood why the first Rabbit book is considered so good. I thought it was weak.
>>
>>7659829
The Gold Finch I heard of on the classical radio station in my area, the DJ said that was her favorite book of the year or something. So I've been meaning to check it out.
>>
>>7659813
Updike is acceptable mid-tier /lit/, although I think his children stuff is better and witches of eastwick is his best adult book.

The rest of that shit is momcore, if you like books like that read Memoirs of a Geisha or Death Comes for the Archbishop or All the Light We Cannot See, which is at least highbrow momcore
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.