[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go go ivy league bookstore for the first time >every shelf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
>go go ivy league bookstore for the first time
>every shelf has 90% quality shit
>Dalkeys, New Directions, lesser known NYRBs

Why wasn't I told about this?
>>
File: 1337118592878.png (223 KB, 590x335) Image search: [Google]
1337118592878.png
223 KB, 590x335
>>7659128
>quality
>New directions, NYRBs
>>
>>7659134
???

are you just memeing? nyrb and, to a lesser extent, new directions publishes fantastic title that are on the obscure but nevertheless worthwhile/excellent side of the spectrum. definitely quality publishers.
>>
I didn't know Dalkey released an edition of Harry Potter.
>>
>>7659128
Fuck you, OP
>>
>>7659137
nyrb publishes a lot of second rate shit just for obscurity's sake.
>>
>>7659128
Source?
>>
>>7659128
dat ass is meh
>>
>>7659128
Stop lying. Ivy leagues are filled with YA and minority literature
>>
>>7659551
you tell yourself this, pleb
>>
>>7659128
where?
>>
>>7659172
throw away your books, rally in the streets
>>
File: slumlord.png (11 KB, 355x251) Image search: [Google]
slumlord.png
11 KB, 355x251
if you ''children'' can't afford an $800 book for one class, then...
how the FUCK are you going to afford $1,450 for RENT, every damn month,
for the rest of your Lives?

welcome to... ''america'' = ''Land of the over-price greed'' ...because children like you roll-over on your back and take it up the ass without bitching.
>>
>>7659128

This is a blue board.
>>
File: 47558490.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
47558490.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>>7659128

>Yankee Universities
>>
>>7659643
I considered writing a counterargument, but, if you'd just reflect on what you've written, for a moment, you should be able to figure out, on your own, why it was stupid.
>>
I'm visiting Yale this weekend (seniorfag), anyone know any good bookstores in New Haven?
>>
>>7659128
Is there a fucking snake in that bed? This some kind of metaphor for the Fall?
>>7659551
Define 'ivy leagues'. Ivy league students? I'm sure there is tons of pleb stuff among student bodies. The bookstores are quality though.
>>
> ps:
''..Where the Fuck did Monday go.?.'' >>7659655
>>
>>7659128
Dear Mr Faggot OP, do you know what a blue board is?
Do you know what my boss will do when the IT guys give him a call?

I hope you get continuously mounted by a pack of homeless men.
>>
>>7659557
You're genuinely retarded.
>>
> not going to the used bookstore next to the ivy league bookstore

shiggy
>>
>>7659648
richfag here. I dont purchase assets that only depreciate in value if I can avoid it. One day you might be as smart as me.
>>
>>7659737
Actually, what is a blue board?
>>
>>7659946
WORK SAFE BOARD
>>
>>7659929
>posting on a computer
>>
>>7659737
>using the work intranet
>ever
yeah just browse 4chan on your phone. i dont know what is wrong with you. you KNOW this is 4chan. no such thing as a blue board here. you know half the threads just in lit are about rape?
>>
>>7660067
worksafe and not worksafe is a meme you dip
>>
>Tfw just download pretty much anything I want because the medium doesn't matter and bookstores have become meaningless

Still buy and loan obscure books because I wouldn't be able to download nice epub versions of them otherwise
>>
I discovered this the other week when I went into the University of Pennsylvania bookstore. They had a bunch of editions of every book I could think of, including ones I couldn't find anywhere else. Sorta pissed me off that I'd been missing out for so long desu
>>
>>7660044
>if I can avoid it

I purchase lightbulbs and heating oil as well.
>>
>>7659128
Harvard's Co-op (the actual university bookstore) is dank as hell. In Harvard Square there is also a used bookstore called Raven and the misleadingly named "Harvard Bookstore" which is still a great one.

I highly recommend taking an afternoon to shop Harvard Square and then dip on over to the MIT university press if you think that might interest you.

Not technically Ivy League, but the University of Chicago Co-op is the best store in the world.
>>
>>7660067
You can make your own rules and your own demands on users when you make your own board.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.