[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove to me this was not just Joyce having a laugh. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Joyce_wake.jpg (38 KB, 429x696) Image search: [Google]
Joyce_wake.jpg
38 KB, 429x696
Prove to me this was not just Joyce having a laugh. I've read Portrait and Ulysses, I know full well what a cheeky fucker he can be.
>>
>he didn't read dubliners

back to primary school with you lad
>>
File: thunderwords.png (446 KB, 7724x961) Image search: [Google]
thunderwords.png
446 KB, 7724x961
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>7659059
It was Joyce having a laugh. Except he spent nearly 20 years writing one joke which is what makes it so amazing. If you've read Dubliners, Portrait, and Ulysses you should understand what he was going for even if you don't understand all the words.
>>
>>7659104
stop shilling your garbage chart.
>>
>>7659140

"No"

Whensoever someone should make a FW thread, it will posted. I know that it is good, because I searched the internet and could not find such.

And you'll eat my farts. Every one. now calm yourself.
>>
He may have been having a laugh, but there are just too many brilliant phrases and descriptions for it to have been only that.
>>
>>7659145
it's shit
>>
>>7659059
But is it good?
>>
>>7659166
better than You
>>
>>7659171
Excellent, reading it can only be beneficent then.
>>
>>7659163

Over the coming months, you will notice that my persistence exceeds your hating. I welcome you to join me on the trip.
>>
Even if it was a 'joke' the language used in it has never been matched
>>
>>7659268
True because it's gibberish
>>
Honestly I'm so excited to read this book, from samples I've read, it seems like something I'll love
>>
>>7659268
There's a very clear sense of design to much of it, but it's still an "acomedy of letters" and a "farced epistol to the highbruws".
>>
>>7659059
Pretty much this >>7659107.

It is possible to both be "having a laugh" and also be doing something serious and amazing.
>>
>>7660429
>>
Why is Joyce so good?

I heard Dubliners and thought it was fucking brilliant, and I'm on Portrait and its alright.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.