[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dyslexia thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Snapchat-2967803231318202402.jpg (333 KB, 1080x1776) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2967803231318202402.jpg
333 KB, 1080x1776
Dyslexia general I guess

Anyone else here have dyslexia, it makes reading difficult but i personally find that it makes books more rewarding

Every time I see the word rap, it looks like rape so I get laughed at by people at my lit. program

Last book I read was atlas shrugged but I never finished cause my brain muddled the page up...might get back into it
>>
>>7658565
>atlas shrugged

wew
>>
>>7658573
I can barely read at all, I usually use audio books or audio to text and I type everything

It's one of the hardest books I've actually read like with letters and shit
>>
>>7658577

I don't think you should feel bad for dropping Atlas Shrugged most people think it's a pretty terrible book
>>
>>7658584
Like its OK at best I just feel like ayn Rand could have made the book less repetitive like the entire first half is the same it's

*someone fucks up*

Protagonist fixes the shit cause smart

*government sucks*

Protagonist fixes that shit cause muh hard work ethic

Like while I feel she has a point that people should strive for personal achievement and not rely on others, she shoehorns that shit in so hard that it compromises the book and makes it feel bland at times

Kinda dissapointed cause bio shock was one of my fave games
>>
File: Screenshot_20160204-000224.png (474 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160204-000224.png
474 KB, 1440x2560
Hey OP, I have Dyslexia too! I know dyslexia varys person to person, but my problem is I cant spell for shit, like I literally can't remember how to spell. This has made it hard for me to increase my vocabulary. Ive picked up treading recently, but I lose motivation to read half way through a book. One of the positives of dyslexia has been that I have a crazy imagination, paired with my addiction to youtube and I'm like Seinfield. What's your situation?
>>
>>7658565
There's nothing worse than looking like an idiot due to something you can't control.

My girlfriend and I call it my 'dippo disorder' or 'the disease'.

The first time I saw that Atlas, I thought it was called 'Atlas Struggled'.

2bh, it does get in the way a bit, but I enjoy reading so much, I don't let it bother me.

Just keep at it. I can promise you it gets better.
>>
>>7658599

Bioshock was a critique of Atlas Shrugged, or at least as much of a critique a video game could be.
>>
why are you posting this here? it's not literature related. go to a doctor and get help.
>>
>>7659288
they're trying to read you fuck
>>
The new kindle update comes with a special font for people with dyslexia. Might be something you guys wanna look into.
>>
>>7658565
That is one disgusting looking thumb, OP
>>
>>7659461

Op here

Fonts for dyslexia don't help much, but I got a filter for my phone to take out the glare to make reading easier
>>
>>7659288

I've been dumbarse, that's how I know I'm dyslexic
>>
>>7659286
I call it the sexy disorder to my friends cause of that old joke

"I put the sexy into dyslexia"
>>
>>7659254
Entire chunks of text move around together, My sentences get jumbled up when I write and if I hear a noise while writing I'll write it down

Eg I was walking crash and I pin drops fell over

If I wanted to write "I was walking and I fell over"

It only happens when I write things down on paper though and music doesn't affect my writing
>>
>>7659287
While it was a criticism, the plot is based on what would happen if the book happened

So I'd still say itd based of that
>>
>>7660822
>>>7659254 me again
Interesting, do you have any superpowers that come with having dyslexia? I've read that most of us tend to go towards entrepreneurship because it's easier for us to read people and manage other peoples skills.

Basically I'm asking you what it is that you do and have you discovered any personal positives. Thanks for getting back dude!
>>
As a child my parents and a teacher thought I had dyslexia, but it turned out I was just shit at reading.
>>
>>7659286
>My girlfriend and I call it my 'dippo disorder' or 'the disease'.
Holy shit, do you share a fedora or something?
>>
>>7662604
Basically I'm good at the arts and I can pick up any concept really fast, always good at school because my brain has like a 100% right gut feeling in tests and stuff

I'm good at pretty much everything I try but I lack the motviation to practise which is a pain

I also can lie as a well as being able to pull entire stories from my arse and I memorised most of a joke book so now people like me
>>
File: CLh0NqWUAAEGRHw.jpg (33 KB, 590x578) Image search: [Google]
CLh0NqWUAAEGRHw.jpg
33 KB, 590x578
>>7663922
>memorized a joke book
>can't read
>>
>>7663948
What are audio books
>>
brother
>tfw had an IQ test last year and got exceptional in everything apart from reading spelling and mental mathematics
>they wouldn't give me an IQ score because of this
>>
>>7665045
Even with the dyslexia my iq is in the 130 range give or take a few
>>
Sometimes I forget to write the last letter of word and mistake a word for another word.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.