[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Eckhart Tolle is a fucking fraud. Am I the only one who thinks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: images (14).jpg (16 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
16 KB, 384x384
>Eckhart Tolle is a fucking fraud.
Am I the only one who thinks this? This guy pretty much just copied a bunch of authors and kept saying the same thing over and over again in different ways: "live in the moment". And to make things even worse he added a bunch of new age bullshit, making his book simply ridiculous.
And look at WHO he is: "muh I am enlightened", yea sure buddy... it must be easy for you living in your huge mansion and driving your ferrari to be peaceful and calm. And plus, he charges money for people to hear his ridiculous lectures, whoa that sounds really enlightened to me... CHARGING MONEY.
Btw he uses a fake name.
>Kill yourself "Eckhart Tolle".
>>
File: 1450195273824.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2880) Image search: [Google]
1450195273824.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2880
A self-help author writes books full of meaningless platitudes, more at 11.
>>
>>7657809

His delivery is just as much his message as the things he says.

I read on a tinfoil blog that he uses hypnosis techniques
>>
Lol I'd like you to point out this supposed new age bullshit you purport to be an expert of. You don't know what the fck you're talking about
>>
>>7657825
Err... did you read the book?
>>
Don't let it bother you

Just a long line of new-age prophet types, their followers deserves them because they need an out. It's not about the intellect
>>
>>7657837
I did. you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>7657813
This, OP. You walked into the triteness section of the book store expecting to find hegel or some shit?
>>
>>7657809

He's good.

How is he a fraud?
>>
I kinda liked "The Power of Now". He explains how to live in the moment in a simple way.

But yeah he's been on Oprah so shit ruined.
>>
>>7658048
Its fucked up when it comes to Oprah... just because she liked it people assume its automatically a good book. Well, who the fuck is Oprah to judge if a book is good or not? Is she educated in literature or any kind of science for that matter?
>>
>>7658048

Cormac McCarthy was on Oprah too.
>>
i think he's sincere, it's just that his writing or ideas aren't exactly of the most stellar quality...but that's no crime. some people find him helpful. it's just self help meets new age spirituality meets buddhism meets christianity
>>
>>7658245
so was anna karenina
>>
>>7657809
I like his stuff, he portrays things in a very simple and direct manner. You might consider The Power of Now an "Eastern Philosophy For Dummies" of sorts; however, you must be aware of the nature of the it - it's a self-help book. It's idiotic to expect to find quality writing or an engaging prose in one.

All in all, I like him for what he is.
>>
>>7659198
Yeah and you're a pleb for what you like.
>>
>>7659198

this.
>>
>>7659202

You would benefit from reading him.
>>
>>7659202
Okay, anon.
>>
Tolle just points these things out so that every westerner with a proper openness can understand. If you judge him for being a fraud by his appearance you have basically missed the whole point. Get back to it when you think you've had enough of hating yourself and others and maybe then something will fall into its place. Or maybe not. If this shit really clicks, you will be able to spot the good things out of the more conceptual bullshit and then move to something with a more straight ahead approach. I think that is the reason why he mentions Ramana Maharshi for example
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.