[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how is it even possible to live when you're this fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 45974.jpg (36 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
45974.jpg
36 KB, 267x400
how is it even possible to live when you're this fucking depressed
>>
>normalfags
>>
From what piece this cover originally emerged from?
>>
>>7657723
Lisboa, 1957, by Gerard Castello Lopes
>>
>>7657691
that's the most irrelevant question that can be asked while reading this masterpiece.
>>
One must dream.
>>
>>7657691

By dreamily dreaming dreams
>>
>>7657792
One must imagine Anon as happy.
>>
The narrator has transcended depression. He is detached from the outside world, analysing emotions instead of experiencing them, observing life rather than participating in it. He is an example of the schizoid personality.
>>
the narrator talks about suicide not being an option because blah blah muh dreams are more important than life
>>
>that part where his colleagues get him drunk and humiliate him
>that part when his ex lover steals shit from his apartment
>that part when he tries drowning himself in the sea but the waves are too strong and push him back to shore

Awesome book
>>
>>7657691
Bernardo Soares is not a real person, bro
>>
>>7659553
Pessoa stated that Soares is a "mutilated" version of himself. Tbh that makes me even more distressed
>>
>>7659528
/thread
"I don't have any idea of myself, not even the kind that consists in the lack of an idea of myself. I'm a nomad in my self-awareness." (107 fragment). Curious if DFW has read any of his works. Treatise of self-consciousness seems similar.
>>
>>7659726
>curious if DFW has read any of his works.

Oh fuck off with the DFW shit. You faggots really do ruin this board with your homo-worship of Saint Dave.
>>
>>7659754
Calm down buddy. I'm just making a coincidental observation
>>
>>7657691
Detachment and depression are different, OP.
>>
>>7659754
>Saint Dave
It's fucking Big Dave, you pleb fuck.
>>
>>7659782
I actually have his dick preserved in a golden relic

succ?
>>
Anybody else /anhedonic/?

>decreased ability to experience interpersonal pleasure
>social withdrawal/isolation
>decreased need for social contact
>sack of close friends and intimate relationships, and >decreased quality of those relationships
>poor social adjustment
>decreased positive affect
>flat affect
>depressed mood
>state-related anxiety

I've read a couple of novels where a character is described as laughing occasionally but never smiling, and I relate quite a lot. Happiness seems like a meme at this point.
>>
>>7659782
for you
>>
File: 1429825618050.jpg (1 MB, 1601x850) Image search: [Google]
1429825618050.jpg
1 MB, 1601x850
>>7659788
>This worthless lil depressed man is getting super hot succ of dick
>And basipally, you're a meme
>Click here to die
>>
File: 1434001344114.gif (68 KB, 300x153) Image search: [Google]
1434001344114.gif
68 KB, 300x153
>>7659794
I wish, I fit the description in periods but when the lunar position is just right or something I must pursue my increasingly exotic and inconvenient vices.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.