[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im a total pleb and im having a hard time reading this, is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 11987[1].jpg (20 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
11987[1].jpg
20 KB, 308x475
Im a total pleb and im having a hard time reading this, is this normal or am i retarded and should stop trying?
>>
retarded and should stop trying
>>
>>7657234
You're retarded but keep trying.

Disclaimer: I have not read it.
>>
>>7657234
What have you read before?
>>
>>7657234

i was in the same position you are in once, i stopped trying and picked the fall instead.
>>
>>7657238
I started reading in september and so far i read entry level lit, like brave new world, the stranger, Death of ivan illich, A supposedly fun thing i will never do again, 1984, etc.
>>
>>7657234

It's a shitty essay anyway. Read his other stuff or just drop him, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>7657251
and how you are doing now?
>>
>>7657234
Welp, I just finished it OP. I don't know if it was my version translation making it feel weird (french->portushit) but it's easy to understand. i think you may retarded.
>>
>>7657294

im pretty patrish. don't lose hope, continue reading total pleb books for now and you'll work your way up. good luck anon!
>>
>>7657234
How far have you made?
I have the same problem with this, the information is very dense and concentrated in Myth Of Sisyphus
>>
>>7657396
im like 30-40 pages in.
>>
if you know some background information its a lot easier
>>
>>7657406
i'm close to 60, but i'm very tempted to quit reading it
>>
>>7657429
>background information

for example?
>>
>>7657433
At least is a short book
>>
>>7657234
give up
>>
>>7657677
:(
>>
>>7657234
Camus, Albert. Dislike him. Second-rate, ephemeral, puffed-up. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me. Awful.
>>
File: father2.jpg (49 KB, 395x600) Image search: [Google]
father2.jpg
49 KB, 395x600
Incidentally I also just read the essay.

I feel like some guy actually thinking about suicide will take nothing away from this theoretical analysis of absurd or paradoxical and frustrating conclusions.
Why is he arguing this is such a pressing issue? I've accepted that there are non-well-answerable questions as a fact (I guess in the Wittgensteinian sense of the setups being bad) and I see no issue with that. Just do what you like - you don't have to call that hedonism (and dismiss it like Kierkegaard), just because you have some fun. Set a goal and enjoy the journey.

So can someone explain why Camus thinks there is this dramatic problem with occurrence of "the absurd"?
>>
>>7657742
He thought the only meaningful question in philosophy was whether or not you should kill yourself.
>>
>>7659330
And he was right
>>
>>7659976
The answer is yes.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.