[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today, I wrote 1187 words and then I deleted all of it. How was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Today, I wrote 1187 words and then I deleted all of it. How was your day /lit/?
>>
About 60cl of Laphroaig.
>>
File: DFWTruth.png (294 KB, 800x711) Image search: [Google]
DFWTruth.png
294 KB, 800x711
Nice blog, very relevant to /lit/
>>
>>7657017
I'm up to about 1500 keepers, thanks for asking mate.

Hope your day gets better and you write something great!
>>
>>7657031
It was a beginning of a new novel. The idea still bickers me, it can be done. But the way I wrote the whole thing was utter and complete shite
>>
>>7657046
First draft of anything is shit, anon. Keep at it. what's the premise?
>>
Found out I got an A on my essay on mysticism in literature. Feels good man.
>>
>>7657017
wrote 3,237 pages last night and I'm keeping most of it
pretty sure that's the most I've written in that short of time
>>
>>7657062
>3,237 pages
>>
>>7657055
It's a diary of a twenty something girl, who struggles with depression, and the loss of her mom
>>
>>7657062
Post some.
>>
>>7657128
I guess this is now a cringe thread.
>>
Few pages of planning for an idea I'm really excited by. Read something I wrote a few months ago. For a first draft, some of the prose was very good and it made me laugh out loud. I've been in a funk since December and I think I just got out.
>>
>>7657115
as you can tell I haven't slept much
>>7657137
I've vowed to never post my shit on /lit/ again. You people are so wishy washy with your opinions. Some people think my stuff is amazing, others hate it.
There's no point getting so many conflicting opinions about my stuff when the only opinion that matters is my own
>>
I only wrote 400 words that finished the first draft (1700) of a short story I thought about last weekend.
Are anybody else's later drafts longer than first ones?
>>
>>7657417
I know, in one sentence, it is really cringey, I realized it, when I wrote it down
>>
I read a book when I should have been trying to fucking write one.
>>
>>7657017
>Laphroaig
No good deleteing it. You might want to save it in the maybe file (assuming computer) or pile (assuming old fashioned clicky typewriter).

Never throw away your writing. Take that as advise from a published author bathroom dirty poems.
>>
>>7657128
Roxxi?
>>
I may have taken the biggest dump of my life and I feel absolutely gutted. Snaked around the bowl twice and still yet some of it was hidden in the tunnel. I should have yanked it out for a proper measurement - kicking myself on that. I guess I read some literature as well.
>>
>>7657017

Even though all that stuff was all deleted, I wouldn't consider the time spent writing it wasted. You probably learned something about the particular strengths and weaknesses of your style or found a couple interesting ideas you might use some time in the future. Even if you ultimately created nothing, I assume you enjoyed the process itself? At the very least you didn't waste the day doing nothing, like I have.
>>
File: alvin.png (103 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
alvin.png
103 KB, 235x215
have had a two sentence idea brewing for a while, but wasn't sure what to do with it or how to start it 'til today i had an inspiration and whipped out a good, if tentative, first half outline. it has some giant questions to be resolved, but in a good way.

>mfw it's genre popcorn, but that's what i like so e/lit/ists can eat a dick
>>
File: hardhat.jpg (125 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
hardhat.jpg
125 KB, 500x334
I wrote almost 1000 words today in my novel, and I'm keeping them. It's only the second draft, which is more like draft 1.5. I'll probably totally rewrite it all eventually, no point deleting it all.

I also submitted a short story today. Electric Literature is open to submissions again. I'll see how this pans out.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.