[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucking hate this site. I had not internet by month, and only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1200
I fucking hate this site. I had not internet by month, and only thing i was doing was reading books (neet here), and i really fealt better, i havent crying once since withdrawal. This feeling, when you see a "interesting thread", and you read it whole cause well you started reading it; and all those posts are so sad and pretentious and not interesting at all; always i end with this feeling of complete waste of time. Generaly most of internet seems likely depressing. Just - you know, so souless and boring. What are some books that will help me appreciate internet?
>>
legacy of totalitarianism in a tundra
>>
Probably any cyberpunk circa 1990-2005
>>
>>7656412
back to r/books with you
>>
File: CDm7evdWAAA9MDN.jpg (67 KB, 600x903) Image search: [Google]
CDm7evdWAAA9MDN.jpg
67 KB, 600x903
read this friend
>>
>>7656405
the Internet is a cultural wasteland, it's depressing, soulless and full of pretentious cunts. the good thing about this site, compared to, say reddit, is you occasionally get a glimpse of authenticity in between all the circlejerks and meaningless posturing, but that is still all too rare. IMO try doing something else.
>>
File: 2561532.jpg (50 KB, 647x389) Image search: [Google]
2561532.jpg
50 KB, 647x389
>>7656405
try reading Marshall McLuhan, it might not make your internet experience more enjoyable but it might help you understand it.

>http://is.muni.cz/el/1423/jaro2014/GEN149/um/48074587/McLuhan_The_Mechanical_Bride.pdf
the second essay in this PDF pretty much describes /lit/'s mentality even though it was written back in the early 50s.
>>
I was literally amazed when I read the first 50 pages of a John Gray book and later on a Zizek book recently (haven't finished more than one book since November). They were so interesting, erudite, and insightful After so much 4chan browsing I was pretty sure I knew everything, but maybe not. I'm now worreid that I'm an idiot who doesn't know how dumb he is
>>
None.

Read Pynchon's Bleeding Edge. He's basically screaming at you to quit the internet.
>>
>>7656417
I didn't say they were good books, I just intimated they'd give an outdatedly positive view of the internet.
>>
>>7656463

Looks extremely interesting. Thanks anon.

Not OP btw.
>>
>>7656476
If you haven't completely internalized the fact that you are an idiot, then, yes, you are an idiot that doesn't know how idiotic he truly is.
>>
Lmao maybe if you get your world view/fields of interest from 4chan and if it is your window to the internet
You are a true redditor
>>
>>7656405
You're an idiot.
>what are some good books to appreciate aimlessly walking around the city without any money
>>
>>7656740
ulysses
un homme qui dort
>>
>>7656741
Thank you lol.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.