[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
publishing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: classic.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
classic.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2848
Have any of you guys had a book, article, or anything published?

How did you do it? Any tips?

I wrote a book and I want to get it published but nobody wants to be my agent, which is to be expected I guess. How's self-publishing? People keep mentioning it to me.
>>
I've had about half a dozen short stories published in zines but that's really very different to novels. You can go down the self-publishing route and there'll be plenty of Anons along shortly who can tell you how they did that, but if you're prepared to put in a little more work to get it done properly, I recommend getting yourself a copy of the Writer's & Artists Yearbook 2016, an annual publication written for people in your situation which has all the resources you'll need on the who to write to and how to address them. I think this is the second time today I've mentioned it.
>>
>>7656331

I'll look it up, thanks.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.