[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When You Are Old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: William_Butler_Yeats.jpg (13 KB, 220x314) Image search: [Google]
William_Butler_Yeats.jpg
13 KB, 220x314
When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;

And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.
>>
>>7655745
Stop trying to turn Yeats into a meme
>>
>lol old people suckkkkk
>lets hang out at the skatepark bros
>>
>>7655745
Am I dumb if I was unimpressed by this?
>>
>>7655749
Nothing wrong with skating bruh
>>
Yeats was a cuck to John McBride
>>
Friendly reminder Yeats was the original Sadboy
>>
>>7655764
No one cares. Some of his best poetry is him attacking Mcbride. No one cares that you know that commonly known detail.
>>
A druid land, a druid tune!
>>
>>7655769
Go to bed W.B.
>>
>>7655764
>>7655769
>>7655775
You fags don't even know the best Yeats anecdote.

Macbride (not Mcbride) and Maud Gonne's child died in infancy, and they divorced. However, because they both had an interest in the occult, they met up beside the grave of their dead child by the light of a full moon and conceived a new one, hoping the dead child's spirit would inhabit its body.

>>
>>7655823
jesus, how would you even get it up in such a situation?
>>
>>7656066
>he's never fucked a teenager in a graveyard
>>
>>7656075
no no no, disregarding all that. you're doing it on top of the literal memory of one of the most depressing aspects of your life.

just doesn't do it for me, I dunno. Then again maybe Ms. Gonne was unbelievably hot.
>>
>>7656066
people get off to ' worse '
>>
>>7656066
They were English.
>>
>>7656095
All that practise keeping a stiff upper lip paid off.
>>
>And loved the sorrows of your chan
Clover 2 stopped there. Not even an ellipsis.
>>
>>7655823
Another commonly known detail. Again no one is impressed, ya fag
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.