[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What're /Lit's opinions on the output from pic's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: nordic.png (417 KB, 2000x1463) Image search: [Google]
nordic.png
417 KB, 2000x1463
What're /Lit's opinions on the output from pic's region. I'm reading Hunger atm which I'm enjoying more than Crime and Punishment, also really enjoyed some novels by Per Peterson and, as pap, stuff like Girl w/ Dragon Tattoo is really enjoyable...thoughts on nordic literature?
>>
ibsen is best norwegian. strindberg is goat
>>
File: 1454271996263.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1454271996263.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>7654309
>Ibsen
JUST
>>
>>7654292
It's k. Mostly dumb crime stuff
>>
>>7654292
I picked up the NYRB Classics edition of Bengtsson's "The Long Ships". Seems promising so far, but I'm only like 30 pages in.
>>
>>7654321
Beg you pardon?
>>
>>7654504
Ibsen's a massive, untalented cuck.
>>
I remember reading Mika Waltari's historical novels as a kid, they were k

J.P Jacobsen's Niels Lyhne is in my backlog but I have it in german and it's beyond my current level
>>
>>7654309
Strindberg's biggest crime was being so ahead of his time that he isn't even appreciated in retrospect. His plays are often much better than Ibsen, but are good far less consistently.
I'll forgive you for being so very wrong based on the assumption that you only ever read "Miss Julie"

>>7654641
>mfw calling ibsen a cuck
>>
File: ____.png (2 MB, 991x1287) Image search: [Google]
____.png
2 MB, 991x1287
>>7654802
>A Doll's House
>not a feminist fantasy
Pick one
>>
>>7654811
I'm calling S T R I N D B E R G ahead of his time, moron, not Ibsen.
>>
>>7654816
You replied with a cheeky mfw when I called Ibsen a cuck, so I assumed you were disagreeing with me.
>>
>>7654830
oh, my mistake.
it's just ironic that you should call Ibsen a cuck when roughly half of strindberg's plays were explicitly about cuckery
>>
File: 914758-M.jpg (9 KB, 180x285) Image search: [Google]
914758-M.jpg
9 KB, 180x285
GOAT Swedish Novella coming through
>>
>>7654838
Well, that's obviously a cock and balls
>>
>>7654837
Oh really? That's interesting, I've never read Strindberg.

I don't really feel the desire to, now.
>>
>>7654849
So are Sweden, Norway and Finland, so it's all connected.
>>
>>7654851
Note that "half of strindberg's plays" still only means about 30 out of 60 plays.
You ought to read "the father", which is an extremely well written naturalist play about cucks, "the dance of death" which is about an old couple who are both psychopaths, and "ghost sonata", which is about people psychologically torturing and eventually murdering each other. "a dream play" is also good; it's the main play from his abstract modernist period. "miss julie" is overrated
>>
Can someone label those countries? All I know is the main Nordic ones... Sweden Norway Finland Iceland Denmark
>>
>>7654892
Ă…land in the Baltic sea
Faroe, Shetland and Orkney north of Scotland
Scania in the southern tip of Sweden
The west riding in Yorkshire England
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.