[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you working on, /lit/? Two black men find themselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: workingonnext.jpg (172 KB, 498x432) Image search: [Google]
workingonnext.jpg
172 KB, 498x432
What are you working on, /lit/?

Two black men find themselves strongly attracted to each other. One is married into a wealthy family - caseworker. He gets a case from South Bronx. The other black man lives in the South Bronx (an area with an autonomous city government). The caseworker has never questioned his sexuality, but when the two meet - everything becomes different.

Spoiler: one of them is gay
>>
One about a man from a race of monkey people who, after his single mother dies, finds himself without ties to the world. He signs on to a cargo ship, hoping to find purpose, and it ends up shipwrecked- the only survivors him and a mute tiger-man servant. They end up on a continent of bird-people and have to... something. I haven't worked out much beyond that. They could find something world-changing or have to stop a threat to the world but I'm not sure. Sounds too trite. That's what happens when you work setting-first, I guess.

The other, a fairly typical urban fantasy. A man who lives by himself is slowly tormented into half-insanity by a box in his attic, sent visions each night in his dreams of opening the box and finding treasure inside. After he dreams of finding his mother in the box- his mother who has been dead for years- he decides enough is enough, and opens the box. Turns out it's the personal library of a wizard of some note, and he is thrust, alone, into a world of magic etc etc. I hope to make it different by not including very many other people- I want him to face things alone. Involves dualistic cosmology, with black and still angels, and white and wild demons.

Hmm. I hadn't realized it before now, but both of these heavily involve dead mothers as a starting premise. Perhaps I have a problem.
>>
Well, that sounds pretty gay.
>>
File: 1445677400172.png (441 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
1445677400172.png
441 KB, 575x575
A dark-enlightenment, nietzschean, body-building half-demon, along with his dominatrix older-sister, a sexually-repressed, fiend-hunting, zen martial artist, an immortal, homosexual, siberian werewolf shaman, a PTSD'd, manichaean lesbian, fight against an extradimentional, haughty dragon cuntboy, an anti-civilization, sumerian clayman, and the demon/immigrant mafia for the vagina of a normal girl.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.