[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, is Schopenhauer really considered edgy misogynistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.jpg (85 KB, 1086x524) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
85 KB, 1086x524
Hey guys, is Schopenhauer really considered edgy misogynistic and racist by the general public?
I put a few of his books on hold at my local library online, and now I'm scared to pick them up
Pic related my google results, notice the first one
>>
>>7653077
>now I'm scared to pick them up
He's a valid and significant philosopher, why would you even think twice about just picking up some books by him let alone be "scared"
"Oh no someone has right wing beliefs!" Tell em to fuck off anon if anyone says anything, not like anyone will though
>>
>>7653077
Anyone with an ideology they strongly adhere to, for example a racist, will find relations to and evidence for their world view in most things they read, assuming that's what they'd like to see.

Don't judge art based on who consumes it
>>
On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason --> World as Will and Representation --> The Two Fundamental Problems of Ethics --> Parerga and Paralipomena
>>
Library people have too much to get done to care about whatever you're pissing your panties about.
>>
>>7653077
>R3ddit
>Stormfront

If ever there was a reason to not pick up Schopenhauer
>>
>>7653077
you know those results based on your browsing history right? I typed in the same thing and those werent even on the first page

>>7653112
>Library people have too much to get done
Not at my library, they just sit around and do nothing
>>
>>7653077
How about read whatever you damn well please? People from stormfront breathe oxygen too, are you going to suffocate yourself next?
>>
>>7653081
Schoppy isn't very right wing, but I understand your point.
>>
>>7653077
>local library
I don't know about your library, but mine always has some kid working there.
They are always sitting there texting, then I get the book and leave.
I would bet money that they've never even heard of Schopenhauer
>>
>>7653124
>you know those results based on your browsing history right?
kek, google thinks OP's a racist redditor
>>
>>7653124
>you know those results based on your browsing history right?

no it doesn't
>>
>>7653124

Uh-huh. I'm on a public computer. Same results as the OP.

Your ruse falls flat.
>>
>>7653310
his philosphy isn't right-wing but he was a very reactionary man in his private life
>>
>oh noes does he waaycist and misawwwgynist :(((
>guess I'll have to dismiss his innumerable contributions to philosophy
>>
>>7653077
the general public doesn't know or care who the fuck Schopenhauer even is
>>
File: 1454373355644.png (117 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
1454373355644.png
117 KB, 890x890
>>7653077
>racist
He was an abolitionist. Wow, Reddit sure is retarded today.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.