[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok. not 100% this is the place for this but need help figuring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: acrowley.jpg (22 KB, 259x320) Image search: [Google]
acrowley.jpg
22 KB, 259x320
ok. not 100% this is the place for this but need help figuring out what book this is. pic related.

gist of the reason i want to know is

>be me
>last several months
>every night have reoccurring dream to find a book that looks exactly like book in pic
>in dream just is the pentagram on front and that's it

>last week lurking on a random board
>see photo and have my brain explode
>there it is OMG

ive looked but still not sure

what is the name of this book

this is literally killing me
>>
>>7652882

http://darkbooks.org/pp.php?v=778229945
>>
>http://darkbooks.org/pp.php?v=778229945

thanks anon

any idea what this means? im so utterly befuddled by this sequence of dreams and why this book wtf makes it so special i have to dream about it for months and months
>>
>>7652903

Without knowing more about your life and the dream I couldn't really guess, except that it probably represents your subconscious need to learn about things that are dangerous or verboten. Those things likely aren't related to magick at all but to your self. Anyway, good luck on your quest.
>>
>>7652903
>any idea what this means?

it means you shouldn't eat cheese just before bedtime

it's just a dream anon. the book is shit too.
>>
>>7652903
it's a pretty common picture and everyone knows what a pentagram looks like.

you probably just really really need some excitement in your life
>>
>>7652909
thanks anon

so far i kind of think it a quest for knowledge or something like that. my brain trying to reach enlightenment.

most of the dreams i have are pretty important to me as once i start one it lasts and lasts for months.
>>
>>7652909
>>7652932

wew. you do know freud was a cokehead, right?
>>
>>7652966

I prefer Jung
>>
>Crowleyshit

Not even once
>>
>>7652979
hate to break it to you but while there are some psychoanalytical notions that still hold true, dream interpretations aint among them.

sincerely,
actual therapist
>>
>>7653005
>this...researchers now think dreams are nothing more than our brains defragging the ol' hard drive. attributing meaning to our dreams is prob a result our need to find patterns and meaning in places where none exist.
>>
>>7653128
actually, we've come to different explanations as to why we dream, one of them being the one you noted (others include completely random neural activity and consolidation are the most plausible ones, imo). but yeah, the reason why we keep trying to find meaning in dreams is most likely our desperate need to find meaning in things
>>
>>7653174
good catch - should have stated some researchers. truth in lending and such.
>>
>>7653005
>>7653128
>>7653174
>>7653185
The Man detected
>>
>>7652882
You may have a nasty case of demon possesion.
>>
>>7652882
looking for the supernatural in a materialist world is fraught with difficulty. mostly because it's complete bullshit disguised in bad poetry, kabbalah teachings, and golden dawn milk/water magick.
>>
>>7653236

Not so. I have contacted my Holy Guardian Angel.
>>
>>7653253
sure, i assume you mean the abramelin which takes months and even Crowley couldn't finish it.

I'll avoid a religious debate... you'll have to accept my incredulity in absentia.
>>
>>7653327

It took me like five seconds. All I had to do was get depressed enough to where my ego was fully suppressed and then try to violate an oath against murder. YMMV I guess. desu I don't really know anything, so I just flail around to try and find the right terms to describe my experiences. They may or may not be correct.
>>
>>7652966
>freud was a cokehead
so?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.