[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I read and thoroughly enjoyed Wolfram von Eschenbach's Parzival.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: parzival450.jpg (179 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
parzival450.jpg
179 KB, 450x450
I read and thoroughly enjoyed Wolfram von Eschenbach's Parzival.
I'm looking for more similar works. Perhaps something more dramatic (?) (I'm sure this isn't the right term but what I mean is that I never really feared for any of the protagonists when reading Parzival).
Needs to be English or German or translated into one of the two languages.
Thanks
>>
Once and Future King by TH White combines most of the earlier versions. A lot of people read that and then are disappointed in the earlier renditions of the cycle.
>>
>>7652823
I should have maybe clarified, I was looking for medieval works. But I'll look into it anyway, thanks!
>>
>>7652855
Wow haha thanks for responding so quickly! People don't usually do that haha!
>>
>>7652855
I know more French and Italian for that period, sorry. The Nibelungenlied has dragons and incest and shit, that's always good.
>>7652857
wtf
>>
>>7652780
Der Arme Heinrich ist hyperdramatisch.
>>
>>7652876
Klingt gut, danke! Über "Erec" von ihm hab ich auch viel gehört, werde mir warscheinlich die beiden bestellen.
>>
>>7652780
Hast du an Tristan von Gottfried von Straßburg schon gedacht?
>>
>>7653092
Noch nicht. Ich erinnere mich aus meiner Schulzeit davon mal ein bisschen gehört zu haben aber das war schon lange her. Werds mir auch anschauen, danke.
>>
>>7652873
>Nibelungenlied has dragons and incest
It hasn't actually. The Nibelungenlied is a toned down version of various legends (which do in fact contain the incest and dragons) produced for the german aristocracy in the high middle ages.
I remember reading it and being really disappointed because of that when I was a teenager.
It's still a great story though
>>
>>7653140
yeah i remembered afterward you have to read the cycle not the song, but i thought i wouldn't discourage you. there's still dragonkillers after all
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.