[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished reading in the miso soup. Holy fuck So this is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: In_the_Miso_Soup_Cover.jpg (23 KB, 200x310) Image search: [Google]
In_the_Miso_Soup_Cover.jpg
23 KB, 200x310
I just finished reading in the miso soup. Holy fuck So this is the first book I've read this year. In order, the things I found interesting about it were, the incredible psychological mind games going on, between frank and kenji, the sense of surrealism. The immense grotesqueness and paranoid (the book caused myself the reader, I had trouble sleeping after reading it in the 2 nights between when I first started reading because of it), but also the turn around to warm empathy I felt for frank, after he began to tell his stories; I related so much to the way kenji reflected on the world. It was refreshing and enlightening in a way, to have painted such an immensely deep anti hero. It all touched me on a very deep level. I was wondering if anyone knew any books that I would also enjoy.
>>
File: 1307570587522.jpg (114 KB, 489x512) Image search: [Google]
1307570587522.jpg
114 KB, 489x512
Literally nothing interesting happens, it seriously reads like a long B-grade creepypasta
>>
> First book I've read this year
You had a whole fucking month, what else did you do?
>>
>>7652574
Not really. If it was just a generic horror like say, halloween or something, there wouldn't be such a deep character dialog and reflections on the realities of every day life. For one, I don't think you really read it very closely or really retained anything that was said in it, or reflected on it in any meaningful way. Your tone makes you come off as a complete troll, to be honest. I don't really care what makes you tick, your presence here is boring. You've added nothing interesting.
>>
>>7652578
I got around to the book 3 days ago. I don't read that often, but this is the first year of my life I've really become interested in trying to get into reading.
>>
>>7652578
Video games because I'm not a pretentious faggot.
>>
>>7652588
How old are you?
>>
>>7652581
Sounds like this is the first book you have ever read tb h
>>
>>7652592
>Vidya
Did you read the Assassin's Creed novels tho?
>>
>>7652597
For example, the insight on the way the media scapegoats horror movies, the way that people are treated as children, what creates a serial killer in the first place, what really makes a person bad in the first place, an insight onto the life of japanese people in relation to other places in the world. It was all extremely detailed and insightful perspectives on the world, on topics that very much interest me. Take your elitism somewhere else, because I have absolutely 0 interest in it, just as you have no interest in me. There's no reason for you to be here.
>>
>>7652599
You're not responding to the me, you're responding to a guy who is mimicking me.
>>
File: 1303865402633.png (45 KB, 181x191) Image search: [Google]
1303865402633.png
45 KB, 181x191
>>7652604
Dude, it's just a generic 'killer' book, lmao.
>>
could I ask the people in this thread telling me the book is b rated horror to recommend me something deeper? I changed my mind, I am honestly interested to know what you could tell me that would give me a deeper experience. You see, I'm like a cat on a shock buzzer right now. Sometimes I press the button and I get food, sometimes I press the button and I get shocked. Maybe you just want me to improve myself so I can meet a higher standard of literature. Maybe though, you're simply trying to upset me so I feel bad about what I read, because the kind of people are contained on 4chan so they don't out and torment the rest of the internet. I can't tell.
>>
>>7652562
You just posted this on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/43t2ab/in_the_miso_soup_by_ryu_murakami/
>>
>>7652703
Funny enough, I don't use reddit.
>>
>>7652694
Start with the greeks. Add Camus, Poe, Balzac, Maupassant, Racine, Virgile, etc.
>>
>>7652719
>add poe
Fucking kek.
>>
>>7652694
>something deeper
You mean horror or in general? If it's the latter try The Trial by Franz Kafka, it's short and an easy read.
>>
>>7652562
Is there a cover of the book out there that doesn't look so damn weeb?
>>
>I feel like I'm here IN THE MISO SOUP
Actual quote from the book
>>
>>7652764
I felt a chill down my spine when I read that line.
>>
>>7652562
Read his other works, anon. Ryu is very keen on psychological mind games.
>>
>>7653119
He really did it masterfully in this book.
>>
>>7653123
Agreed. I think his works are very refreshing, albeit a tad pulpy. Audition is essential and much more rewarding if you are going in completely blind, unaware of what it's about and/or the film adaptation. If you know about it, even a tad, it's still very enjoyable/disturbing and the book enjoys misleading the reader for a while.
>>
i really liked this book too. he's my favourite murakami
>>
File: miso.jpg (6 KB, 131x77) Image search: [Google]
miso.jpg
6 KB, 131x77
>always assumed cover art was a nervous looking squid creature for some reason
>suddenly realise it's an upside down lady
>>
>>7653210
Mine too
>>
Read Coin Locker Babies next, OP. If you haven't already. Prepare to fall in love with Anemone.
>>
Almost Transparent Blue is pretty much the only good book Ryu Murakami ever wrote. He tried with 69, but then just gave up and became an edgelord.
>>
Is this worth a read? I only read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by him, avoiding his other works because I heard they were all the same, but this sounds very different.
>>
>>7654280
Oh you unending comedian you
>>
>>7654280
>The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
Different Murakami, anon :^)
>>
Lol the fact that there are people who only know about the meme Murakami.
>>
Anyone got a link to the pdf?
>>
File: 1451517277901s.jpg (3 KB, 125x101) Image search: [Google]
1451517277901s.jpg
3 KB, 125x101
>>7655509
>stealing books
Why?
>>
>>7652578
>I cannot comprehend doing anything but reading
What the shitdicks is wrong with you.
>>
>>7655560
I can't afford them right now.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.