[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have an essay on this tomorrow and wanted to know what /lit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 199x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 199x300
>>
>>7651061
homework help is here, friend
we don't do that
>>>/hm/
>>
>>7651061
It's about the void left by the death throes of Christianity in the 20th century, and the various forces trying to fill it. The titular Invisible Man is not literally invisible - rather the rest of the world has been figuratively blinded to him by the burning bright lights of liberalism and Marxism (represented by the 1,369 lightbulbs early on in the book and the electric shock experiments later on).
>>
>>7651061

/lit/ hates it because it was written by a black man and as we all know only white cis men are allowed into the western canon, and we'll just ignore that our lord and savior Harold Bloom actually liked it
>>
>>7651120
Never seen anything but good things about it here. Fuck off.
>>
>>7651120
i've only ever seen ambivalent opinions about this book on here
never read it
you should know we don't hate books for being written by black people, we (generally, of course) hate them for whatever reason and then choose to go about expressing it in the most offensive way possible
>>
>>7651061

A genuinely good piece of literature, not praised solely because of the caste of its writer.

t. A black man
>>
>>7651538
Post cock?
>>
>>7651542

This is a Christian board.
>>
an excellent novel and an essential read if you have any interest in the concept of identity.
>>
>>7651546
all the more reason to let me know you fami

it's a p mediocre book but it's ambiguous enough that it lets dumb white boys here think that they're just like the invisible/underground man, so misunderstood and marginalized being pasty losers no one can ever love.
>>
>>7651562
lol you're an idiot

it's beautifully-written, provides a thorough examination of the black experience in early 20th century america, and relates that back to broader philosophical issues of identity. if you don't think there's anything more to it than le edgy outcasts you're not worthy of posting here.
>>
>>7651546
Faggot.
>>
>>7651582
lol you're an idiot. it's completely about the black identity and its suppression but retarded white boys like yourself feel they need to self-insert themselves into it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.