[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lit/Publishing Agents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1450811200527.jpg (95 KB, 700x437) Image search: [Google]
1450811200527.jpg
95 KB, 700x437
Can anyone here shed some light on how best to seek and acquire the services of a literary/publishing agent? I've finished a novel that is mainstream crime fiction in the Elmore Leonard vein and I'm having trouble finding a catalog or list of agencies that accept unsolicited work. Any direction would be appreciated.

Ps. I've already checked Leonard's agent, also known as The Jackal).
>>
>>7651000

no one? how about this. are there any forums for aspiring authors better suited for such a question?

i won't bump again, just in a bit of a quandary here. anyways, thanks for reading.
>>
See if you can get a copy of the writer's & artists yearbook 2016. It's specifically aimed at people in your situation and should have all the information on who to go to and how to ask them.
>>
>>7652448

thanks! much appreciated.
>>
>>7652471
Good luck.
>>
People come here to chill out, not to talk about work-related shit, OP.
>>
>>7651000

Why does that image have a picture of Thomas Hobbes with a Rousseau quote?
>>
>>7652494
What a pointless comment.

>>7651000
Copypasta from a previous thread a while ago:
Getting an agent
0. finish writing and revising your shit
1. figure out how to write a good query letter (shit's bullshit hard)
2. go to a place like agentquery or querytracker and search for agents who represent your genre
3. go to agent's website and follow their submission guidelines

Good luck OP. Remember to post your published work here so we can ridicule it appropriately.
>>
>>7651000
Google, man. If they charge you a reading fee you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>7652512
>genre
>>
>>7652641
For instance, the genre OP is writing.
>>
#askagent on twitter
>>
thanks to everyone who replied with serious answers. read a few articles and researched a couple of agencies, both local and abroad. if i do score an agent and land a publishing deal, i guess i'll swing back around and give some details to help out, pay it forward and such. again, thanks for the help.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.