[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finally fell for the no internet meme. Le old people had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1451026010355.jpg (101 KB, 1080x1239) Image search: [Google]
1451026010355.jpg
101 KB, 1080x1239
So I finally fell for the no internet meme.
Le old people had better lifes due to no multitasking or internet. Thats very stupid since after a point you can't produce anything, without a break (browsing the internet) I just
layed down or watched the streets. I didn't become more productive or creative or happy. Why this is supposed to be a higher form of passing time? I'm sure that people in the 17th had incredible unproductive activities (like
browsing 4chan) too.

Also do you prefer writing just when you feel like it or push yourself to be consistent?
Since it's just a hobby to me I tend to be very incosistent but I would like to improve over time. I don't believe I'll improve without consistency.

How do you deal with the trade off?
>>
>>7650958
I choose not to have internet at home. the result is that I go the university at night to download books and videos... then I go home and spend my day entertaining me.
>>
File: mfw oh you're totally right.gif (754 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
mfw oh you're totally right.gif
754 KB, 500x273
>>7650958
it's the method of talkign to people you stupid faggot.

you're supposed to greet everyone you meet so you can get an accumulation of news stories similar to your facebook feed,

>>if i just turn off all socialization things will be better

fucking christopher paolini tier logic. read a fucking book
>>
it's not the internet, it's web 2.0 that is the distraction. give up all video-based media, film, kino and cinema included (not just flicks, movies and motion pictures) as well as obviously social media and you will get the same results as if you quit the internet
>>
No internet dosent mean shit if you're not disciplined enough to get shit done.

I write when I feel like it, which is often.
>>
>>7650958
Who is this saemon daemon?
>>
>>7651008

Do you consider watching a movie passive activity and reading active activity?
>>
>>7651025

yes
>>
>>7651029
Pleb
>>
>>7651035

watching films on the other hand can be an active experience
>>
>>7651025

I would easily understand writing vs watching a movie. But reading vs watching? Tell me why.
>>7651016
some model
>>
>>7651043
Gonna need more specifics for scientific purposes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.