[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which books do I need to become the ultimate Übermensch? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: 2834017-ubermensch.jpg (96 KB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
2834017-ubermensch.jpg
96 KB, 385x500
Which books do I need to become the ultimate Übermensch?

They can be on money, busines and finance etc.

or dating, social skills and business relationships etc

or in physiology, mental and physical health, energy etc.

or self discipline and work ethics

or general culture and knowledge

or general philosophy and self reflection

or education and learning, etc.

Just tell me if you know a good book that talks about any of the topics above or something similar
>>
>>7649166
Goethe
>>
>>7649166
The Unabomber's Manifesto.
>>
>>7649175
any specific suggestion?
>>
>>7649166
so any book ever written?
>>
>>7649166
You don't need necessarily *need* books to be all that you can be. Any idiot can read Nietzche or Aristotle, whether you actually live up to their words is up to you. As for actual book suggests:
>"Modern Man in Search of a Soul", "Man and His Symbols," and "the Undiscovered Self" by Carl Jung.
These will teach you that goodness and happiness comes from mindfulness. But mindfulness comes from listening to your heart and not being ashamed of your dark side.
>"Civil Disobedience" by Henry Thoreau
It's a short read, very to the point. It teaches you how to stand up for yourself without being a total asshole.
>"Self-Reliance" by Ralph Waldo Emerson
The title speaks for itself.
>>
>>7649166
Mein Kampf. The last consequence of that pseudophilosophical bullshit.
>>
>>7649216
>any good non-fiction book
ftfy
>>
File: 1430284064223.jpg (37 KB, 431x415) Image search: [Google]
1430284064223.jpg
37 KB, 431x415
>>7649259
epicurus regarding ataraxia
storms of steel - Yung Ernst
Meditations - Marc Aury
Schopenhauer - because of his views on women
Machiavelli - because tupac liked him
Edward Bernays - Either Propaganda or Public Relations
>>
Art of the Deal.
>>
>>7649166
>>7649402
whoops wrong link
>>
>>7649402
I'll chuck on a cheeky few

Lives - Plutarch
Capitalism and Schizophrenia - Demiurge and Guattari
The Pellloppoponesian War - Thucydides
>>
File: hoeller.jpg (6 KB, 186x256) Image search: [Google]
hoeller.jpg
6 KB, 186x256
>>7649413
>Demiurge
>>
A true Übermensch
Sleep 4 hours a day
Learn different languages
Able to sing/dance/paint/write/compose
Have a lot of money
What else?
>>
>>7649259
Almost surprised to see Thoreau, I was of the opinion that /lit/ disliked him.
>>
>>7649166
Reddit.com/r/theredpill

Check out their shit for relationships, dating, social skills.

Reddit.com/r/philosophy

Check out the FAQ, I remember they had an extremely thorough guide to studying logic

/fit/ for physical stuff, at least the beginnings

For physiology you should find text books on it and previous editions of NASM stuff. Read the reviews, usually there will be medical professionals or sport medicine bros who recommend books too deapen the understanding of the subject

Not sure about financial shit, I use excel to manage money though and it's quite nice so maybe find books on managing finances through excel.

Self discipline/ work ethics, stoicism maybe. Treat everything you do like it's the last thing you'll do. I do this when I remember and I notice time goes by slower. I think those Buddhist fuckers do that awareness shit where you are extremely aware and in the moment. Forget what it's called. But that focusing shit while working does that too.

For the rest of the shit go on course buffet, you'll get a decent understanding of a bunch of topics.

Chances are since you're asking without looking the shit up though you'll not read any of the recommended shit.
>>
r/redpill
>>
File: 007.jpg (19 KB, 317x321) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
19 KB, 317x321
>>7649674
>>7649676
>r/theredpill
>>
>>7649548
>Sleep 4 hours a day
Yeah, don't do that.
>>
>>7649743
>not knowing about the different sleep patterns
pleb to say the least
>>
File: bloom.jpg (89 KB, 467x260) Image search: [Google]
bloom.jpg
89 KB, 467x260
Bloom's Western Canon
>>
read the Greeks and nothing but the Greeks for 5 years at least, study the Greeks, chew em swallow em regurgitate them and finally digest them. whatever you shit out after that process, that's the remnant of the untermensch you were before
>>
>>7649166
Read Infinite Jest at least 5 times. This will unlock a portal to a new dimension of higher reasoning filled with other ubermensch. This is the only way for you to transcend.
>>
OP you're asking cats for their ideas on how to be a dog
>>
>>7650993
every cat must have a bit of a dog in it, if I learn from all of them a bit I may learn how to be a dog
>>
>>7651040
I guess thats fair, good luck senpai
>>
>>7649166
you want nietzsche and epictetus
>>
>>7649674
Those are good recs,OP.

The word you're looking for with the Buddhists is mindfulness
>>
File: 1437409922568.jpg (13 KB, 212x220) Image search: [Google]
1437409922568.jpg
13 KB, 212x220
>>7651143
buddhists<
heh
>>
>>7649674
/r/theredpill
Maybe from the archive but not the past year
>>
>>7649166
>work ethics
Forget this ideal, that is the problem that got you here, have no loyalty to duty itself, it's highly exploitable.

Beyond Good and Evil
Unabomber Manifesto
Authority and the individual - Russell
Shakespeare - Hamlet
Adam Smith
Goethe - Faust
some Aristophanes
Marcus Aurelius
The encyclopedia of Bodybuilding - Arnie
Alain de botton - The news
Thinking, fast and slow
History of Western Philosophy - Russell
Napoleon - A life.

>dating, social skills and business relationships
These can't really be taught from books, would you buy a book on how to play tennis or practice? Reading is not a very social activity, just ask these nerds. If I were you I would just lift and fuck a lot of women for a year or two then start reading if that gets boring, because if you can do that and be content while doing this as a side project you apply to your main project then you'd be living the perfect life since most of great literature contains aspects of libido/bitch management.
>>
>>7649166
You need a mind of your own anon, and no book will ever give you that.
>>
>>7649175
Yes

>>7649182
eh

>>7649192
Faust pt.1

>>7649216
No

>>7649259
Eh

>>7649266
b8

>>7649402
Mostly right

>>7649413
eh

>>7649548
Wrong

>>7649674
B8

>>7650567
I guess?

>>7650988
Fact

>>7651060
Yes

>>7651143
No

>>7652211
Mostly true, but not entirely

>>7649166
Read:
Nietzsche in the right order (paying close attention to the Birth of Tragedy)
Schopenhauer - The World as Will and Representation
Stirner - Ghostbustin'
Leopardi - Operette Morali
The Basic Works of Aristotle (mostly Nichomachean Ethics)
Shakespeare - Anything with Falstaff
Spinoza - Ethics (mostly the stuff about Conatus)
Get a fundamental understanding of Mythology so you can understand what it means to live by the Dionysian Tendency
Machiavelli is pretty superficial, but it helps to get away from the traditional Chinese and Christian ways of living
Arguably, you should probably give Darwin a chance because Nietzsche was, like so many others of his time, trying to imagine the "next" phase of humanity; however, he saw this development as a moral and intellectual development, as opposed to a biological one. But I think this is a pretty superficial and, overall, inconsequential way of reading Nietzsche as
Joyce cared a lot about Nietzsche in Ulysses, but obviously that should be your last read
Heidegger also cared a lot about making sense of Nietzsche, but since he also cared a lot about people like Hegel, his own theories, and developing philosophy beyond Kant, Descartes, and Aristotle (or so as he says in B&T), this should also be one of your last attempts
Also this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_of_Sinope

On the whole, OP, you mostly just need to read Nietzsche over and over again until you get it. A lot of these recommendations don't even matter until you just chew through his oeuvre.

If you do choose to actually read any of the stuff, good luck.
>>
>>7649166
You can't become the Ubermensch, that's not the point of the Ubermensch. Did you guys even read Nietzche?
>>
>>7652283
Any ideal is better than none, anon, and he was big on the media recommendations.
>>
In on this thread for how2 rhetorical prowess. I'm tired of being an asocial weenie who can't formulate his thoughts, I want to be normie and I want to be damn good at being one.

Do you guys think I can become at least somewhat good at this just by reading out loud while looking at myself in the mirror or would it be useless without actual human contact? I don't think I suffer from any social anxiety so yeah.
>>
>>7652283
it's not mean literally, jeez anon go out more
>>
>>7649674
neger you just went full untermensch
>>
> Which books do I need to become the ultimate Übermensch?

Übermesch is born. Not made.

/thread
>>
>>7652607
>/thread on your own post

untermensch detected
>>
>>7652275
autism/10
>>
Wear a costume under your suit. Always be near a telephone booth.
>>
>>7653477
lel
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.