[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Journals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Journals? Do you Journal entry daily? I've come to realize that Journals and daily entries are helpful to get to writing.

I'm using a standard word processor, but I'm wondering if there is a specific Journal program for the computer. I use GNU/Lunix and while the standard word proecesor is fine, I can only wonder what /lit uses.

I wish there was a console Journal app that would give me a black background and a green text so that I may write in the dark without straining my eyes. It would be nice if it created a search of the entries and automatically time stamped the entries.
>>
use focus writer
you can change the backroung and the text
>>
Use paper
>>
>>7648538
No, fuck that shit. If I'm going to waste my time anyway, I'd rather write a shitty poem than a journal entry.
>>
>>7648921
I often write poems in my journal.
>>
OP here. I use Journals to get words to flow from my mind to the paper/screen. I use Journal for observations from the day, spout ideas out etc. Journals are not a waste of time for that very reason.

The only thing is searching a Journal for that idea you had, or the character triat that you observed in someone is difficult to find with out some sort of search function.

Computer programs for writing beats paper because of the following:
+Spelling checks
+Word Clouds
+Search Tags.

pen and paper is nice but I find the more I write with a good keyboard and easy on the eyes screen, the words flow like white water rivers, chumbling and churning. Writing on paper, in my opinion is like a slow moving traffic jam.

To each his own though.

I'll look at focus writer, but right now I'm trying Libreoffice and Emacs in org mode. Both encrypt my Journal, and both have flexible view styles. That focus writer app looks good because it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles apparent and distracting.
>>
File: 1424094203866.png (1 MB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
1424094203866.png
1 MB, 650x975
Anyone have ideas how to stay committed to writing in their journals? I've been trying to journal regularly for the last years but always end up with entries months between. I mean, my schedule is pretty busy with studies and work in a very competitive industry. I know I am just lazy but it's somehow mentally hard to try to use those dead moments for journaling whatever thoughts I have left.

Any tips and tricks to get the will to write are welcome.
>>
>>7649141
Write something- anything, even if it's "Too tired to write... again."
>>
>>7649151
Yeah, easy and good point there. Now thinking about it, I always tend to go for some long entries detailing everything and trying to sum up the lost time I didn't journal.
>>
File: btard.jpg (48 KB, 780x521) Image search: [Google]
btard.jpg
48 KB, 780x521
>>7649141
You gotta make it a habit. If you find yourself on 4chan/lit, then you can certainly fire up the old Journal. Toss a few lines in there everyday.

Also, I find that I should not start the entry with Dear Diary or Journal. I do occasionally address the Journal, but its really for me.

Also, I recommend password protect the file, if you are honest about what you write and about who you write about. Libreoffice writer has a gpg hook that encrypts your file with Tri-DES strength. Some of my entries are downright Homophobic and homoerotic, racists and left leaning cuckoldry, and a little bit saintly all at the same time. So I'd rather not be held hostage to my writings by a Nigerian identity scammer.
>>
I write before I go to sleep. Have the journal on my bed and just write whatever I think. My days are boring because NEET but one day...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.