[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best pen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
File: Stipula_fountain_pen.jpg (350 KB, 3072x2050) Image search: [Google]
Stipula_fountain_pen.jpg
350 KB, 3072x2050
What's the best pen?
>>
Keyboard
>>
File: chillin.gif (1014 KB, 629x323) Image search: [Google]
chillin.gif
1014 KB, 629x323
>>7646069
>taking lecture notes with a keyboard
>>
the one ur mum puts up her vagoo
>>
>>7646077
1996, is that you?
>>
literally any mechanical pencil between .5 and .7mm

ballpoint pens from hotels
>>
>>7646090
I always took notes by hand
>>
>>7646065
Lamy Safari m8
>>
File: s0546131_sc7.jpg (11 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
s0546131_sc7.jpg
11 KB, 380x380
these babes (the v5 ones)

anything else is literally gay
>>
>>7646097
Quaint.
>>
I was only 8 in 1996
>>7646090
>>
>>7646099
What the fuck even is that monstrosity? Do you have no value of aesthetics and weight?
>>
File: toilet.jpg (86 KB, 486x367) Image search: [Google]
toilet.jpg
86 KB, 486x367
>>7646099
Those are kickass pens.
>>
>>7646065
In my opinion and I think that of many others it would definitely have to be one of those which, in dreams, your task is often to.
>>
Closest one

Next question
>>
File: B001B66DXU-SharpieSS.jpg (19 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
B001B66DXU-SharpieSS.jpg
19 KB, 1000x400
>>7646065
Master race
>>
>>7646240
lol.
>not using a fountain pen
>>
File: mfw.png (99 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
99 KB, 242x251
>>7646253

>ink
>not blood

Absolutely fucking trash. I thought /lit/ was patrician.
>>
File: coffee test.png (540 KB, 780x551) Image search: [Google]
coffee test.png
540 KB, 780x551
Lamy Safari EF
Fountain pens are smoother than every other pen, and can be refilled with any ink you'd like. This isn't something to sneer at. A lot are more gaudy or expensive than they need to be, and need more tinkering than most people are willing to put up with; the Safari is neither.

The worst/most overrated pen is the Pilot G2. EVERY Bic Crystal I've bought writes smoother. I can't understand why such a scratchy, skippy, ugly pen has such a large cult following.
>>
>>7646801
Safari is great, but pretty entry level. Best pen is a Pelican m800 or a Lamy Al Star. Pilot VP is best for travelling.

Best paper is Claire Fontaine, then Rhodia.
>>
File: TWSBI classic.jpg (55 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
TWSBI classic.jpg
55 KB, 1024x1024
>>7646801
>>7646098
The Lamy Safari is a decent pen, but there are better options. The best thing about the Safari is its reliability, but they're not the smoothest writers, the ergonomics are sub-par, and they have a very Playskool aesthetic.

TWSBI pens are worth a look. I've had a classic for a few years and it's my favorite pen. It didn't cost much more than a Safari, but it's a lot smoother, just as reliable, has much better build quality and ergonomics, and looks a bit more classy.
>>
>>7646077
>>7646097
>>7646104
Even though I can type about 100 WPM, I think taking notes by hand is a lot more efficient. Lectures aren't always presented in an entirely linear manner, and it's a lot easier to make margin notes or draw lines connecting ideas on paper. It's also way easier to make sketches and diagrams with a pen and paper.

Pen and paper also provides a lot fewer distractions. It's one thing for someone to sit there daydreaming instead of paying attention, but if they're watching youtube or playing a game in class it tends to distract everyone behind them.
>>
>>7646950
Computers also decrease IQ.
>>
>>7647421
Wew
I love handwriting too, but I'm gonna need to see some proof
>>
>>7646923
>they're not the smoothest writers, the ergonomics are sub-par
Do you write like this, by any chance?
My Lamy is the most comfortable pen I've used by far (I have large hands and long fingers)

TWSBI puts out some nice pens but the Classic has always looked a little too Jinhao for me.
>>
File: water.jpg (333 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
water.jpg
333 KB, 750x563
>>7646950
I just bought a chromebook for the sole purpose of bringing to school with me, mostly for taking notes in the classes that allow it. I'm majoring in philosophy&lit, and though you are right about the lines and diagram things, I find that when taking notes by hand I either miss some of the discussion by focusing on what I'm writing, or forget what I'm writing down halfway through because I'm too focused on the discussion. With a keyboard, neither of these happen and I take down (and thus remember) way more information than before.
I also go over my notes at night and copy them down into my notebook, which is one of those inserts that slide into a leather cover. Pic related is the pen that I use.
>>
File: CChanDraws.jpg (31 KB, 478x356) Image search: [Google]
CChanDraws.jpg
31 KB, 478x356
>>7647540
How embarrasing
>>
>>7647545
Do what works for you. I don't have any trouble paying attention while writing. Maybe it's because I grew up before the days of cheap laptops and computers in every classroom, so I had to write everything by hand.

I recently finished a masters in electrical engineering, and I noticed that the ~25% of students who used laptops in class were consistently less engaged and performed worse on projects than those who did not. I assume it's because of the greater distracting potential of computers, but I could be wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 513x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 513x513
Signo
>>
>>7646065
The best pen is penis.
>>
I've never purchased a higher-end pen than Uniball makes. I used to write with the Vision, but the Signo posted by >>7647969 has the same smooth ink, is more ergonomic, and doesn't seem to smudge as freely.
>>
Pelikan 100N or a Schaeffer Snorkel.
>>
Does the Lami Safari write well in a composition book? It's where my diary is and I don't want ink to bleed through.
>>
Guys, I've got two fountain pens, but I don't know what to do with them. Where do I find ink to use?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.