[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of bizarro fiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 49792-mellik_karlton.jpg (36 KB, 350x362) Image search: [Google]
49792-mellik_karlton.jpg
36 KB, 350x362
What does /lit/ think of bizarro fiction?
>>
>>7645925
I like to read it on opposite day.
>>
>>7645925
Post some examples.

It sounds like a lame term made up to subgenre authors. How does it differ from surrealism or transgressive?
>>
>>7645932
It's basically pulp but more lolsorandom.
>>
File: 71Cu70LndfL[1].jpg (192 KB, 880x1360) Image search: [Google]
71Cu70LndfL[1].jpg
192 KB, 880x1360
I haven't read any, but I like the premise of this novel.
>>
>>7645925
Considering writing a novella for one of their presses in the next while. Pro is that it seems like it's a little less difficult to get published (Literary> Genre> Bizarro> Self publishing), con is that most of the major authors seem like the goth virgins I hated in school. Any advice /lit/?
Thanks for reading my blog post
>>
>>7645939
Yeeeah no its not for me then
>>
Dunno, sounds fash
>>
Wish I'd discovered the movement when I was really into Troma and Bruce Campbell movies.
>>
It's the most Fedora of fiction.
>>
File: Shriek.jpg (28 KB, 220x347) Image search: [Google]
Shriek.jpg
28 KB, 220x347
>>7645925
I read this one, my first and last foray into the genre. Conceptually interesting (surrounded by an aggressive, vaguely Arab, empire, a city state is built over an underground labrynth society of fungus people. Neat.) but absurdly drawn out (I found out why at the end, author was just building up for a series. Jackass.) Of the main characters the brother is two-dimensional genius archetype while the sister is so painfully repetitive and stupid that I laughed every time something bad happened to her. There was one legitimately great passage that I would quote in full if I owned a copy of the text (library) but suffice to say it wasn't worth the rest of the book.

There's another bizarro book that vaguely interests me called The Sorrow King that I might read someday. If anyone here has, tell me how it is.
>>
>>7647548
Vandermeer wrote annihilation too though, didnt he?

That was alright, it was kind of a lovecraft thing except the prose wasnt flowershit

itll probably be a movie eventually, but not a popular one, maybe a cult movie, sci-fi b-movie
>>
>>7648169
That trilogy is already being developed for da big screen. I've read 2/3 and they're okay, could be cool movies.
>>
File: Ass Goblins of Auschwitz.jpg (39 KB, 324x500) Image search: [Google]
Ass Goblins of Auschwitz.jpg
39 KB, 324x500
I haven't actually read any bizarro fiction, but the titles are certainly interesting.

>The Baby Jesus Butt Plug
>Adolf in Wonderland
>Ass Goblins of Auschwitz
>Rampaging Fuckers of Everything on the Crazy Shitting Planet of the Vomit Atmosphere

It's either reddit-tier lolrandom humour, or enjoyable like certain trash movies.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.