[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/booktubehate/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Why the fuck are 260.000 people interested in this person's recent YA lit purchases?
Side question: why are book trailers a thing? Moreover, why are reactions to them a thing?
>>
File: 1453194778048.jpg (108 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1453194778048.jpg
108 KB, 600x535
>book trailers
>>
why would anyone give a fuck
>>
>>7645508
exactly, that's my question
>>
Teens and twenty somethings live vicariously through her.

She has money to buy all the books and read them - or rather, pretending to make an effort to read them while apologizing for not having enough time.

She's pretty and Jennifer Lawrence-tier whacky kooky randum and has fans and vlogs about her trips to Target. Her viewership actually gives these meaningless experiences a level of meaning. Her going to Target is actually better than your going to Target.

People watch simply to try and feel what it's like to BE her, ten minutes at a time. People want to know what it's like to have people interested in every boring meaningless thing they do. They can't extract meaning from existence by doing meaningful things, so they look to these vloggers and book reviewers to show that there is hope at transforming your meaninglessness into meaningfulness simply by establishing a viewer base.
>>
>>7645497
fuck this obnoxious bitch and her voice and her stupid hair and her cunty loud fuck off bitch can't wait to see your youtube vids in 5 years when you're nothing but a strainy make it stop
>>
>>7645540
Do you think her viewers actually like her as a person? On some level, they have to since they're living vicariously through her, but don't they find her at least a bit annoying? I hate to describe people as stupid, but if we consider just their critical thinking (though not just as in reviewing books), I have to say booktubers look like they are.
>>
>>7645497

>Make a 5 minute video supposedly talking about book
>4:50 minutes is exactly them talking about trivial social life shit that has nothing to do with books whatsoever
>50 seconds left is left to discussing actual books
>Hardly any real criticism outside of "I LOVED IT", "AMAZING"
>Almost always a YA novel
>>
>>7645584
>>5 minute video
>>4:50 minutes
>>50 seconds left
>>
>>7645576
Yes.

She is the ideal of perpetual girl-hood.

She makes money, lives on her own, travels places, even has a 'brand', but with all of the detachment from responsibility and 'real life' afforded to those in childhood and adolescence. Her life is still sleepover and Harry Potter and making funny faces into a mirror.

You consider her annoying because she isn't acting like the woman you expect when you see her. Her fans love her for that very same reason.

This is the same thing as the male ideal of perpetual boy-hood: a League of Legends player who gets to play games, eat Doritos, and fart into a microphone all day while paying the bills with that very activity. A person who monetized his own stunted development.
>>
>>7645611
>he doesn't use metric time
Pleb
>>
>>7645497
why is the joker carrying away all of gotham's books? Is it part of his masterplan?
>>
>>7645497
I think that OP and some /lit/izens hate her because she is getting recognition for doing what they perceive they are doing better. They think that reading Dostoievesky is better than reading Harry Potter, that something, somehow is better than before by they doing that (which is arguable).
Please stop contribuiting to make one of these threads be always on the first page.
I don't hate Dostoievsky, btw.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.