[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Literature/: A competition of who is the most well educated,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1447235954294.jpg (42 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1447235954294.jpg
42 KB, 200x150
/Literature/: A competition of who is the most well educated, who reads the best works, who reads faster, who shares the "right" political, religious, phylosophical opinions. Who is a illiterate pleb for not having the same beliefs, who is the patrician.
>Not trying to share and give the opportunity for others trying to expand their knowledge, throwing stones at them instead.
I bet you all already read books that discussed being a better person, directly or indirectly, so why not apply it here and in life?
>>
>>7645094
Most people on /lit/ are very nice and helpful, I don't know which board you were browsing.
>>
>>7645094
I almost told you that you confuse /lit/ with /fit/, but /fit/ is a nice board too.
>>
That's what a pleb would say.
>>
/lit/ is one of the boards that most rewards you putting in effort. genuine questions/replies/posts tend to be reciprocated. shitposts get reciprocated with greater intensity as well. just like literature, you get from /lit/ something proportional to what you put into it.
>>
>Not trying to share and give the opportunity for others trying to expand their knowledge, throwing stones at them instead.

lookit this dummy, never even read Bourdieu. To spell it out for you, bub, knowledge is only valuable as social capital insofar as it is exclusive, just as is money (I mean, duh, why do you think it's called social "capital"? Could you be any more oblivious?). Hence once the social capital has been gained the subject is obviously gonna want to protect its exclusivity.

> reading makes you a better person
come on now.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.