[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this book and, boy, what a ride! What did you all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: house of leaves.jpg (101 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
house of leaves.jpg
101 KB, 500x375
Just finished this book and, boy, what a ride! What did you all think? What was your favorite part? I liked Zampano's character the most; very mysterious!
>>
I liked when the author uses gimmicky shit to hide his shit writing
>>
Check the fucking catalogue before you post nigger, this is literally the third HoL thread up right now.
>>
>>7644948

lol tell me about it. He wasted 3 pages feeding us a fake story that Jonathan made up to impress some whores . Literally added nothing to the story.
>>
>>7644934
>actually enjoying something
Fuck off.
>>
>>7644963
I think that sort of cements that Johnny is an unreliable narrator, willing to just make things up on a whim to hide things about himself/impress others. Also if you don't enjoy weird ass digressions why are you even reading post-modern stuff?

>>7644934
Read it within the last couple months and loved it. Had been putting if off for awhile because I assumed it to be gimmicky but I found the prose good enough to back it up. Overall just a very fun book; I guess I wouldn't say it's "high literature" or whatever but definitely above average especially considering its popularity. I really enjoyed the part with Tom posting up above the staircase and getting too high and freaking himself out.
>>
>>7645690
JFC I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.