[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on The House of Leaves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: House_of_leaves.jpg (19 KB, 330x435) Image search: [Google]
House_of_leaves.jpg
19 KB, 330x435
Currently about 30 pages through and meh it really hasn't clicked with me yet. Does it get any
>>
better?
>>
You gotta' read it as a parody of
1. academic writing
2. stream of consciousness
3. etc.
>>
From someone who liked the book, the parts where Johnny Truant is the narrator are sometimes entertaining but mostly pretty shit. Once the plot about the house in the academic writing (which slowly morphs into very un-academic writing) gets going the book is great though.
>>
>>7644875
It's certainly different from most works, that in itself made me like it.
I'd say once you get to the fucked up pages you really start to get sucked in. But you should read it at night alone in a tiny room, never during the day with lots of noises around.
>>
File: Candlejack.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Candlejack.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>7644875

haha, op, you remind me of that old meme. what was it called? candleja
>>
>>7644875
it's a meme you dip
>>
Just gave up on the book . I can't stand his writing style good lord what a mess. This book would have been an all time classic if he got rid of his blabbering filler bullshit and condensed the book by 100 pages.
>>
yes
the parts about the house and inside the house are absolutely great, legitimately spooky at times. don't care much about the color coding and the other artifacts-- Mark Z himself has said it was mostly a satire of post-modern writers and shit
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.