[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, first time here, i told myself i should read more. I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: on the road.jpg (90 KB, 423x650) Image search: [Google]
on the road.jpg
90 KB, 423x650
Hi, first time here, i told myself i should read more.

I am currently reading this because this girl i have a crush on considers it as her fav book.
It's truely fantastic, but i'm reading it in english and it's not my native language... Should i go on? I'm almost tired of reading it and i just finished the first part (fuck the scroll edition).

(Also, it's a bit strange for a non american to read it, i need a fucking map every time he crosses a state)
>>
>>7644137
she's a psych patient or into drugs or both
depending on how old you are ie a uni student then sure this is appropriate. then drop tabs together and fuck her in a park.
>>
>>7644149
>she's a psych patient or into drugs or both

Well, she's 21, used to take drugs, and is some kind of bohemian / hipster, so i guess you're half right.

and yep, i'm a uni student
>>
well, first thing, if you want to learn to read you have to leave social life and stop giving to bodily pleasures. you have to become an abbott, an ascetic monk, a beaver. if if you live for the flesh you will never have a mind. intentions are flawed, you are in it for the wrong reasons. you can be an animal body or a human, but not both.
>>
might as well read part 2 as well if you're that far
part 3 and 4 are p. boring by the time you get to them.

if she asks what you thought of part 3 and 4 just part 3 is like part 2 minus dean for a while and part 4 is like part 2 in mexico but sal is kinda bored and then gets dysentary and dean ditches him
>>
File: 1405793132057.jpg (131 KB, 587x476) Image search: [Google]
1405793132057.jpg
131 KB, 587x476
>>7644165

well
>>
oh, also, jack kerouac, what are we 16
>>
>>7644165
>not both
>what is synthesis
you're quoting the jew book there anon. when i became a man i put away childish things.
>>
>>7644137
https://vine.co/v/O3xiuT7D1Jn
>>
>>7644178
fool
>>
>>7644172
...part 1 is the best ... the whole part teaching dean to write, the excitement of sal's first trip by himself, the shack-house, the french navy guy, the night watch job, the mexican chick in california, the vineyards -- love it
>>
>>7644183
>the night watch job

this part was GOAT
>>
>>7644178
i'm quoting the book of life you heathen
>>
>>7644185
>yeah man I've got you a job on a boat
>gets there
>no man, I don't have you a job on a boat

the most relatable part of the book. has anyone's friend who totally had a job for them actually had one?
>>
>>7644157
shes only interested in it because it's a meme book for lel i think differently also drug culture.
just talk to her about ginsberg and castanada. any deconstructionism will be way over her head.
>>
>>7644137
University is a good time to read it. It may be the best time to read it.
>>
File: yea.gif (3 MB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
yea.gif
3 MB, 300x237
>>7644183
>When he describes how broken but how happy he is, picking cotton in the fields
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.