[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /lit/ I went to my local used bookstore today and I found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: used books.jpg (84 KB, 882x496) Image search: [Google]
used books.jpg
84 KB, 882x496
Hello /lit/
I went to my local used bookstore today and I found some Star Wars books. Im sure that there are a lot of terrible ones out there, but I also know that there are some great ones. I figured this would be the best place to ask around before I went to /co/ and /tv/
>>
>>7643591
Burn that shit.
>>
>>7643591
>I figured this would be the best place to ask around before I went to /co/ and /tv/

ask reddit
>>
>>7643591
great bait you have there op
>>
Darth Bane trilogy. Great anti-hero and essential in understanding the Sith and their philosophy.
>>
don't waste money on that dude

I wish I had a used books store in my town, but it's really small and there's barely a normal a bookstore

buy something of value instead, don't be a fag
>>
>implying entertainment isn't valuable
>>
>>7643591
None of them are literary, but the darth bane ones and the coruscant nights ones were both pretty fun.
>>
Its a used book store man, from my experience the book run usually 10-25 cents (Queens, NY). Not at all expensive. I say buy them all and work your way through them. Most of the times the guy at the counter usually gives you a deal too if you buy a lot.

Used bookstores are where I got into Star Wars, Star Trek, Mack Bolan, Warhammer 40k, all of them i got whole lots at a time. Also, i have a weird thing of buying every James Bond (all authors, not just Ian), Clancy, Ludlum, Tarzan, Conan, Doc Savage book I come cross. Im talking multiple copies of the same book.
>>
>>7644048
>implying i can get entertained by star wars books

stay pleb.
>>
>>7643591
The only ones in that picture that aren't shit are Heir to the Empire and Dark Force Rising, which are the first two in the "Thrawn Trilogy" which are (kind of) the first books in the EU.

Everything else there is pretty much garbage or at the very least wont be understood when being read out of order.

That said, as someone who read every single one of these things as a kid, none of them are very good. You'd be better off reading almost anything else.
>>
>>7644301
>10-25 cents
Dude, are you kidding me? Where I live it's usually 5-10 dollars.
>>
>>7645080
Yup.
>be me, wake up on a glorious Woodhaven Queens Saturday morning.
>walk up to Jamaica Ave between Forest Park and Elderts Lane.
>stores wheeling out shelves of books out on the sidewalk to browze while walking
>entire shelves marked 0.10 each. Hardcovers 0.25
>tell the guy sitting in the lawnchair you will take the entire SW shelf for 2.00, most of the time he agrees saying he needs to clear space in the basement
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.