[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lazy fatass fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: George-RR-Martin-011.jpg (55 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
George-RR-Martin-011.jpg
55 KB, 460x276
http://www.parentherald.com/articles/17911/20160128/the-winds-of-winter-release-date-update-george-rr-martin-book-nowhere-near-finished.htm

Hello everyone, I am a lazy fatass fuck. It takes me 7 fucking years to write a penny-dreadful, film-script based "novel". And it doesn't matter that it's my full time fucking job, literally the only thing I'm required to do, or that I jack off at 67 years of age by taking bum fuck vacations all over the world to live off the prestige of my now stagnate series that I can't fucking finish, that I'm constantly giving interviews and bullshit for the industry, and that I'm writing OTHER books that literally no one gives a fuck about. That's right, I'm not writing for the series that is the sole reason for all my fame and which everyone wants, no, I write other books that are truly shit and no one gives a fuck about. And when those that gave me all this money call me out on this shit, the best I can do is twiddle my fat fingers, flip them off and then whine on my blog about how ashamed I am of being a lazy fatass fuck. Oh, did I mention that I waste time playing videogames? I have all this responsibility, I'm 67 fucking years old and I waste time playing videogames, because that's really going to get the job done and get all these people off my back.
>>
>>7640988
No one cares faggot
>>
>>7640988
>implying he writes for your pleasure, not his

i know it hurts your ego, but he's not beholden to you
>>
Hello everyone, I care enough about Game of Thrones to write a two-hundred word rant about it.
>>
>>7640988

Hello everyone, I am a lazy fatass fuck. I've been waiting 7 fucking years to read a penny-dreadful, film-script based "novel". And it doesn't matter that I don't have a full time fucking job, literally the only thing my mom asked me to do, or that I jack off 67 times a day instead of taking bum fuck vacations all over the world while waiting for the now stagnate series that I can't wait to fucking finish, that I'm constantly watching or listening to interviews and bullshit for the industry, and that I'm not reading other books that people actually give a fuck about. That's right, I'm not reading the series that is the sole reason for my existence and is everything I want, no, I don't read other books that are truly great and people give a fuck about. And when those that I gave all my money to call me out on this shit, the best I can do is twiddle my fat fingers, flip them off, and then whine and shitpost on a Japanese Image board about how unashamed I am of being a lazy fatass fuck. Oh, did I mention that I waste time playing video games? I have zero responsibility, I jack of 67 fucking times a day and I waste time playing video games, because that's really going to get me a job and help me move out of the basement and get my mom off my back.
>>
>>7640988
>being THIS salty about airport fiction
>>
I doubt anyone here reads his books or watches his shows
>>
>>7641049
why is it called airport fiction anyway? Wouldn't you want to kill time with high quality writing regardless?
>>
File: 1454085130422.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1454085130422.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>7640988
>>
>>7640988
Nobody who has browsed /lit/ more than a month reads this shit, fuck off back to rebbit or /tv/ or something.
>mentioning leddit now triggers the spam filter
What the fuck?
>>
>>7641018
I don't read them but if the guy has made hundreds of millions of dollars writing a series of books then he should be obligated to finish them
>>
>>7641067
i've read the whole series through twice and got 3 times

but i'm still not as bent out of shape as op:
>asoiaf is trash!
>but hurry up and finish it
>>
>>7641076
That's not what it means, dude. It means pedestrian literature that often sold at airports. Writers like Grisham, James Patterson, and Danielle Steel.
>>
george r martin sucks
>>
>>7640988
TV series is better and is going to finish the story-line first anyway.
>>
>>7640988
don't forget he has to rant about his football team as well.
>>
as someone who enjoyed both LOTR and HP, honestly my main hesitation towards Martin is how fucking disorganized his writing is. Once, I took a class on the 'James Bond phenomenon' taught by the author of the Pierce Brosnan-era film-to-book adaptations and the 90s continuation Bond fiction and he was so much more professional it hurts the brain.
>>
>>7640988
Won't the producers of the show just rewrite it anyway?

What does anyone care?
>>
>>7641488

/sp/ here, also don't forget that he supports TWO football teams.

He's a fairweather fan, sold out his novel audience for tv show, his quality dropped dead after second novel, and his output dropped dead after third novel.
>>
>>7641076
It's shit that's sold at airports and can feasibly be read pretty quickly despite being long.
>>
>>7641095
If I made hundreds of millions of dollars on a half finished series, finishing it would be the last thing on my mind. I would fuck off to some European villa and cackle at the butthurt of all my fans crying for a conclusion, while I sold the rights and let someone pay me off to cash in on the story I created.

I hope he never finishes, since I heard his will prevents anyone else from finishing the series using his notes. ASOIAF never being concluded is the normie version of lamenting the classical texts lost at Alexandria.
>>
>>7641180
season 5 was atrocious, though. the next book can't be worse than that.
>>
>>7641522
>his quality dropped dead after second novel,
third novel was easily the best. a clash of kings was mediocre.
>>
>>7641522
Does he seriously officially support both the Giants and the Jets?

How has he not been fucking lynched by angry Bronx- and Queens-dwellers?
>>
>>7640988
Not literature.
>>
its funny but really there are literally millions of other books one can read.

besides the new season starts in 3 months and then youll know what happens.

chill op. go read some faulkner or borges.
>>
>>7641180
>tv series is better
No.
>>
>>7641018
>implying he writes
Fixed.
>>
>>7642928
He's unlynchable, the rope would break from his weight.
>>
>>7640988
>implying anybody gives a shit about Martin anymore other than newcomers to the series
I hope he fucking dies.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.