[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Fran Lebowitz? I watched Scorsese documentary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
What do you think of Fran Lebowitz?
I watched Scorsese documentary about her, Public Speaking, and she seems an interesting person to listen to. Does this translate well to her books?
>>
>>7637332
What country is she talking about?

America? It's not a fucking democracy. It's a republic,and it's more fucking democratic than ever.

Also
>That nose
>Implying it doesn't let us know
>>
>>7637717
Who are you quoting?
>>
>America [is] not a fucking democracy
>[America] is more democratic than ever
I'm guessing you dropped out of high school before your civics teacher could fully explain American government to you.
>>
>>7637829
meant for
>>7637717
>it's a republic
Woah, aren't you a genius for reading Article IV of the Constitution.
>>
>>7637717
>It's not a fucking democracy. It's a republic

Fat.
>>
>>7637332
Yes, it does translate well. If you enjoyed her little diatribes in the movie, you'll enjoy her writing.
>>
>>7637717
>what is representative democracy?
>>
>Lebowitz
Into the garbage with all the -bergs and -steins
>>
File: fedorasteampunk.jpg (32 KB, 600x649) Image search: [Google]
fedorasteampunk.jpg
32 KB, 600x649
>>7637717
>>
>>7637717
>it's not a fucking democracy. It's a republic
You fucking faggot - a Representative Republic is a form of democracy (as opposed to say, a direct democracy). What you just said was tantamount to "wow, u ideeee-it!!!! We have a dal-may-shun, not a dawg!!!!!1111"

Fuck off
>>
>>7637717
>it's more fucking democratic than ever.
kek
no
>>
>>7637332
she's interesting for 9 minutes after that she is really annoying
>>
>capitalism triumphed over communism
>implying the end of the USSR wasn't caused by a failure of political will on the part of the CPSU elites who didn't move against the destructive and ill-considered policies of perestroika and glasnost until the implementation of those policies and the economic collapse they led to had already discredited the CPSU amongst the masses
>>
File: 9863456.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9863456.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
Lebowitz speaks extremely well and writes far, far less well
>>
>>7637727
*whom

Learn to write

I'm smarter than you

Don't forget this because I won't
>>
>>7637332
*crony capitalism
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.