[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many books have you completed this year? What is your target?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (484 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
484 KB, 1200x900
How many books have you completed this year?
What is your target? Do you think you'll hit it?

So far I'm 12/50, which I think i might increase to at least 75..
>>
I've only read No Country for Old Men and The Edible Woman this year.

I don't know, I feel like if you've read 12 books in 28 days... with literature you get out what you put in, I think.
>>
>>7635455
Keep in mind 3 of those are graphic novels, 1 is poetry and 5 are under 220 pages...

I work a dead quiet office job, and spend 90% of the day reading. What can I say?
>>
File: 1447130865820s.jpg (8 KB, 243x250) Image search: [Google]
1447130865820s.jpg
8 KB, 243x250
>>7635426
Im at 4/25 thinking about increasing to 30 or 35.
>>
>>7635426
8, but I have some long books coming up so we will see.
>>
I've read 4. I hope to get 26 done this year. The Recognitions, V and Lanark are on the list, so they may take some time.
>>
OP, how is the DFW reader?
>>
I like to read one door stopper per month and fill the rest of it with shorter works or novellas . trying to average 3-4 books a month with this method.
>>
>>7635567
Yeah, really good. It's a fairly good mix of his fiction/non fiction.
If you've read most of stuff, like I have, it's probably going to be a lot of what you've read before, but there are one of two essays in there that have never been published elsewhere. Also, his syllabus, which is sort of interesting if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
Roland Barthes - Mythologies
Agatha Christie - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Tim O' Brien - The Things They Carried
Wheeler Winston Dixon - Film Noir and the Cinema of Paranoia
New Essays on The Crying of Lot 49
>>
J.Williams - Stoner
V. Nabokov - Despair
M. Houellebecq -Platform
+ 2 Penguin 80p Classics, but I guess they are too short to be considered as proper books.
>>
So far I have read:
Lord of the flies
The picture of dorian gray
The problems of philosophy - Bertrand Russell
A star wars book :P
The Trial - Kafka
Im trying to hit 50 this year and I think it's plausible.
>>
Still reading my daily subchapter of V
>>
>>7636678
Although if we count comics I have read mister wonderful by clowes and arsene schrauwen by olivier schrauwen
>>
>>7635426
3/69
I've read 3 works by Bataille and I loved it.
>>
>having a target
>>
Soumission - Houellebecq
Teatro Grottesco - Ligotti
The Bell Jar - Plath
The Fishermen - Obioma
The General in His Labyrinth - Marquez
The Moor's Account -Lalani
The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: The CIA & Mind Control
Disgrace - Coetzee

Mirin lack of meme books in thread.
>>
>>7636703
>living life without goals
>>
>>7636735
>having to tell someone about your goals to accomplish them
>>
>>7635426
Read 10 so far. Don't really have a goal because I don't want to force myself to read more than I want to. Best books I've read so far would probably be: Speedboat by Renata Adler, The Tunnel by William H. Gass & The Moviegoer by Walker Percy
>>
Mathematical Statistics with Applications- Wackerly, D.
Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis: Pearson New International Edition - Johnson, Richard A.
Java for Everyone - Horstmann, Cay S
Corporate Finance, Global Edition - Berk, Jonathan
Numerical Optimization - Nocedal, Jorge,
The practice of statistics for the business and economics - Moore, David S.,
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan (pt.1,2,3)
>inb4 I get shit on until oblivion
note that I was halfway through first 2 books in December
>>
>>
I'm up to 32. 9 of them were poetry anthologies though. I did complete Suttree, Brief History of Seven Killings, Bleeding Edge, and a few others so far. I read about 4 hours a day. And no, I'm not Sebastian.
>>
>>7636768
>not discussing such goals in the only proper place, an anonymous tibetan quilting site
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.