[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we write our theoretical suicide notes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: 1451076600830.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1451076600830.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
ITT we write our theoretical suicide notes.
>>
my dick is hard, they call me the bard
goodbi love friends fambly

>>>/r9k/
>>
"I've uncovered something huge, but I think they're onto me. Will publish findings tomorrow. If I don't make it till then this is why"
>>
It has recently come to my attention that a new publisher has acquired the rights to the Freespace license and plans to "reboot" the series, with a new developer. The fact that they have attained a few jobless stragglers from the Volition Inc. of yore does not fool me. They are trying to make a zombie out of the last unzombified thing in this world that I love. I stood by and watched as Fallout was raped to death in its asshole. I watched as everything great about it was gutted out by the meathook of Todd Howard's money-hungry dick. I watched as Diablo was taken from Blizzard North, the only Blizzard division ever to show any real talent, and turned into a faggoty World of Warcraft spinoff with terrible everything. I could even abide Matt Ward turning Warhammer 40k into D&D 4E. I can take a lot of things in this world but I can't take them ruining Freespace. This is worse than Derek Smart getting the license. Hopefully you, the reader of this missive, will understand why I had to die. I cannot exist in a world where the super cool franchise and setting of Freespace has been reduced to the kind of plebeian faggotry that now dominates blockbuster releases. The better the new Elite is, the more pleb it is. It has nothing to do with the original elite. Everything is about money now. Soon Chris Avellone will die, and Kirkbride will be committed to a mental insititution. Soon Tim Cain will get AIDS from his gay sex escapades. They already poisoned the beautiful mind of the homosexual David Gaider with a magical wig. They have taken so much from me and they won't ever stop. I know that this world isn't for me anymore. I know that this world is a place of stupid bullshit and gay retarded faggot video games that are "good" instead of being good. I know that fun is now more important than quality. I can see the signs. And so I will follow these signs into oblivion, and I invite you to join me if they speak to you as well. Goodbye, shitty world. Goodbye bad games.
>>
To whoever still gives a shit,

I'm sorry. There were no other tolerable possibilities for me. What was I supposed to do, just be a mentally ill homeless person? With six degrees and most of a seventh? Nobody will ever hire me. I'm a non-passing transsexual lunatic with a well documented bad attitude. As a matter of fact, part of the reason I'm killing myself is so that I don't violate my oath and kill others, because that's the only other thing I can think to do at this point. I know life is supposed to have value no matter what, and I'm just supposed to use stoicism to get by or whatever, but I don't really believe that; my ROI is too low, period, and I don't have the will or capacity to play revaluation games in my head to try and make up the difference.

With my faithful familiar, I go into the void.
- x
>>
Dear Landlord,
Please contact the authorities who will presumably know how to dispose of this body. I'm sorry for how gross and unsettling this must be.
Yours sincerely
Anon
P.S. the shower is still leaking, you should get that fixed before getting a new tenant
>>
It's all your fault.
>>
Hélas!
>>
Honestly I have much more to say, but I'll just get to it.

All my life I've been betrayed, toyed with, or treated poorly because I am strange. I mean not to sound edgy or brooding, though I truly hate my life. You might wonder why, and not without reason.

On the outside, my life appears to be very good. I have a nice family (a fairly wealthy one at that), a good group of friends, and I even attend a nearby college and have some hobbies. I'm depressed for one of two reasons, and though I haven't been able to pin down which it is, I consider it to likely be a combination of the two. They are:

1. I have been treated as sub-human or patronized my entire life. This may be because I truly am an idiot, it could be because I'm strange and others enjoy poking fun at me, or it could be the cruelty of the world and those around me. If it is the latter, I have no desire to live in a world like this any longer.

2. I actually have a good life. This may be confusing to some, but this prospect scares me the most. I might be depressed simply because my life has had some very minor scarring or trauma and I am too weak to withstand it. Because of this, I am too weak a person to continue living and will not only be a burden to those around me, I will leech from my parents until they are bled dry.

I hope you understand that I have no choice. I'd rather test to see whether the prospect of heaven and hell exist and end up in hell, than to live another day in this wretched earth. At least that way there can be hope for eternal peace or a curse of pain, rather than a promise of damnation.

Yours truly, L.
>>
File: 1430976762133.jpg (66 KB, 868x780) Image search: [Google]
1430976762133.jpg
66 KB, 868x780
Condolences to the cigarettes I could have smoked
>>
"I'm going away for a little while."
>>
Don't act like you didn't see it coming
>>
>>7635344
Stevie plz
>>
Burn the body without ceremony.
>>
>>7635270
7/10

>>7635277
2/10

>>7635292
0/10

>>7635313
im here if you need to talk/10

>>7635316
5/10

>>7635324
1/10

>>7635326
6/10

>>7635342
0/10

>>7635343
7.5/10

>>7635344
8/10

>>7635344
8.5/10

>>7635348
me/10
>>
>>7635367
fair enough

I guess I can't even write a good suicide note.
Albeit I'm no writer and I was crying while writing it, but still.
>>
heading to the mountain
>>
>>7635342
On the bright side this also means you're too much of a bitch to do anything about it.
>>
>>7635373
which one are you
>>
>>7635382
This is the big thing.
Not my first suicide note and certainly not my last.
>>
Dear poop,

you are reading this because i've died successfully. perfectly, you might say, because you can't die imperfectly. i took a lot of opiates.

the reason is that i tried to ask colleen from my fhakefpeare claff on a date and she denied me even though i LOVE HER.

sooooooooo
>>
This is /lit/'s suicide note:

https://web.archive.org/web/20141010213832/http://www.suicidenote.info/ebook/suicide_note.pdf#pagemode=bookmarks&page=1

You fucking autists.
>>
>>7635367

I don't really need to talk right now, since there's still the outside possibility I'll get a summer internship, finish school, and get hired somewhere. If any of that doesn't go through though, well... Thanks for the offer, anyway.
>>
It would have been galling to have to part with my money and house and give it all to you you lazy fat cunt. So you'll be delighted to find I've made substantial donations to an Nigerian gay rights charity in your name.
Sorry about the mess, I left the extention on the mop so you can get the grey matter off the ceiling fan, the water is hot but don't forget to switch off the water heater, and the kids are dead don't go into the bedroom x
>>
>>7635410

>and the kids are dead don't go into the bedroom

Fuck you, you flaming pile of shit. No wonder she left you.

Go be a coward pussy if you want, but don't kill the kids. Fucking worth less than the a piece of shit. Yes there's a space between worth and less. That's the way I mean it.
>>
>>7635367
> 6/10
Honestly the highest grades I've gotten from you elitist cunts. Thank you.
>>
>>7635420
AND THE FUCKING DOG TOO YOU CUNT!
>>
>theoretical
>>
Some of you are so socially isolated nobody will know you died until the neighbors complain about the smell and they find your fat, shitty body half decomposed into your dirty bed. When the EMTs see the note, they'll mutter "faggot" under their breath, hand the note to your crying mother and move on to the next call. Your mom will tell her friends you died in a car accident and eventually take your picture off the mantle. Stop pitying yourselves and try being a real fucking person.
>>
>>7635438

are you lost, this is /lit/
>>
>>7635269
Elle ne voulait plus de moi alors je n'ai plus voulu de la vie.

On se reverra.
>>
>>7635445
>implying I have to be a suicidal coward to enjoy literature
Anybody above the age of 17 should not be writing about how they're fleeing this "wretched earth" and how society turned it's back on them and that feel when no gf. /r9k/ exists to keep these people isolated, as they belong and as they prefer to be.
>>
>>7635453

>implying that depression, thoughts of suicide and mental illness in general are not the sources of suffering which have inspired most of the great art throughout human history

All true art is born of suffering. Get out.
>>>/anywhereelse/
>>
Bye.
>>
>>7635292
good kek tier, but obviously shit as a serious suicide note
>>7635316
pretty good
>>7635324
eh
>>7635342
you don't sound like some put upon noble minded genius, you sound like a whiny bitch
>>7635343
not bad at all
>>7635344
eh
>>7635364
best in thread so far
>>7635377
second or third best
>>7635489
good, but brevity can be overdone
>>
Just act like I'm sleeping. I spent most of my time in bed anyway. You won't see or hear a thing.

When I start smelling, feel free to open the window.

P.S. You can have the leftover lasagna.
>>
I would probably say something like:
This is nobody's fault but my own. Please don't dwell on encounters with me surrounding this event. Nothing you did planted this idea in my head. This was a decision I created by myself. I love you all. You know who you are. I don't want to write any names out of fear of these people taking the blame for my actions. so long space cowboy
>>
File: A.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
A.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
I'm glad.
>>
>>7635269
I'd only kill myself if I had no one to leave a note for.
>>
Mum and dad are dead, I can finally do this without any guilt. I'm not going to pretend I haven't fantasised about you, my love. You, grief-stricken, screaming into the void, desperately trying to claw me back to life. Oh, the words they'll use, words that have never been used to describe me before. These are the thoughts that kept me going, and they are the thoughts that give me the courage to be a coward right now. I wish I could say I was sorry about this. I love you, truly. X
>>
>>7635518
Like I said, I am a whiny bitch. It wasn't my intent to sound like some put upon noble genius.
>>
>>7635593
generic/10
>>7635561
good point/10
>>7635553
waste of space/10
>>7635533
The Cure/10
>>
>>7635599
I'd tell you to kill yourself, but I don't want you leaving such a shit note.

When you have perfected the literary art of the suicide note, then you will have my permission to die.
>>
File: 26901807.jpg (204 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
26901807.jpg
204 KB, 1024x768
This is art...

*is found hanging in a well*

might be 2deep4u though
>>
sed tamen potest esse totaliter aliter
>>
Dear Unfortunate Reader,

They're coming.

-Anon
>>
I've found it too hard to get up in the morning now
So I've decided to do with that, the same I have for everything else in my life
>>
I made the worst of a good situation.
>>
bye.
>>
I'm sure that I won't regret this.
>>
File: 1IIk6lw.jpg (42 KB, 845x960) Image search: [Google]
1IIk6lw.jpg
42 KB, 845x960
I am not dead
>>
Somebody said I should kill myself, he seemed like a nice guy, so I took his advice.
>>
>>7635270
3/10
>>7635277
2/10
>>7635292
2.5/10
>>7635313
6/10
>>7635316
7/10
>>7635324
1/10
>>7635326
7.5/10
>>7635342
3.5/10
>>7635343
8/10
>>7635344
8/10
>>7635348
2/10
>>7635387
7.5/10
>>7635389
10/10
>>7635410
6/10
>>7635449
7.5/10
>>7635533
5/10
>>7635553
8/10
>>7635593
3/10
>>7635646
8/10
>>7635655
1/10
>>7635686
9/10
>>7636047
2/10
>>7636064
10/10
>>7636078
4/10
>>7636083
2/10
>>
I have finally overcome this nonfunctioning body that refuses to obey me. Feeling sad about my death would be selfish. This has been a triumph.
>>
Not dead
>>
For sale, baby shoes, never worn.
>>
When I was very young, five years of age if I remember correctly, I developed a horrible ear infection – doubtless from swimming in many strange pools. I vaugley remember the details, but the occurance invoved some sort of fungal wax that had built up on my ear drum. The procedure was simple and humorously barbaric: a concentrated jet stream of water was to be blasted into my ear to dislodge the wax. The doctor did this in short, multi-second burst. The pain was incredible, but through my sreams and the overpowing static sound in my ear I could discern the gentle and sonorous voice of an old nurse who held my little hand while repeating, “It will all be over soon.” She said this in such a way that I felt calm; the pain evaported and I knew I was safe. Life, in all its eniriety , has been like a jet stream of water in the ear but with the sharp distinction of having no one to tell me it will all be over soon, which, with all certnainty, is what I want to hear more than ever. I am neither sad nor depressed, rather, I simply have become overwhelmed with a passionate desire to die, to thrust myself without inhibition, with drive into the void. My greatest ambition, is to die.
>>
i hate you mom and dad
>>
>>7636133
I like it all up the the last sentence
>>
The man who kills a man, kills a man.
The man who kills himself, kills all men; as far as he is concerned he wipes out the world. His act is worse (symbolically considered) than any rape or dynamite

outrage. For it destroys all buildings: it insults all women. The thief is satisfied with diamonds; but the suicide is not: that is his crime. He cannot be

bribed, even by the blazing stones of the Celestial City. The thief compliments the things he steals, if not the owner of them. But the suicide insults

everything on earth by not stealing it. He defiles every flower by refusing to live for its sake. There is not a tiny creature in the cosmos at whom his death is

not a sneer. When a man hangs himself on a tree, the leaves might fall off in anger and the birds fly away in fury: for each has received a personal

affront."..."The man's crime is different from other crimes -- for it makes even crimes impossible.

-GK Chesterton
>>
>>7636145
Yeah I know, I hate it. I petered out as I was typing it and let it slip like a condom.
Such is life
Just pretend it isn't there
>>
I can finally be with anime
Goodbye cruel 3D
>>
File: 1422603485638.jpg (21 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1422603485638.jpg
21 KB, 251x242
>>7636132
>>
To whomever it may concern,

I can no longer go on like this. Something within me died in the summer of 2011. I don't know if it was the LSD, the schizophrenia, or the occultism, but my soul went somewhere and left a piece of itself behind. Despite all the medication and counseling, I dream of this other, better, world every night. I fear I must now leave this mortal coil to reunite my split soul. Please forgive me. I love you dearly.
>>
>>7636193
Too serious.
>>
brb
>>
Two years ago, I went out to lunch with a girl, and she confided in me that she was morbidly depressed and had been so for a very long time. I told her that the way I saw things, the only way to overcome depression was to snap out of it. She failed to take my advice, and unfortunately, so have I.
>>
>>7636244
was she hot?
>>
>>7635269
For as long as I have lived, I have been alive. No more! Soon I shall be dead, and my death will follow my life.

I will be eating 3 packages of twinkies and mainlining methamphetamine mixed with heroin.
You will find me with my lower extremities bare. Please ensure pictures are taken and disseminated.

Your eternal friend,

Anon
>>
There comes a point in everyone's life where they recognize more dead faces than living.
>>
>>7635269
You wouldn't want my life either
>>
>>7635269
Can someone explain this meme to me? What am I not getting?
>>
>>7635386
Can you sell all your possessions then PayPal me some money before you cark it?
>>
File: al jolson blacaadad.jpg (52 KB, 760x1080) Image search: [Google]
al jolson blacaadad.jpg
52 KB, 760x1080
memes kek
>>
>>7635420
>>7635424
I found it quite humorous.
>>
A wise man once said, better to live on one's own foot than to take a knee and die.
I disagree.
Love u XOXO
>>
To anyone who has ever considered taking his or her own life:

Do it. You will not regret it. I don't.

Love,

Tim
>>
Carpet dayum
>>
>>7635364

Concise.
>>
I'm sorry to all the people that loves me. I know I'm not alone and I know some of you love me sincerely, but I can't take it anymore. I never was I good writer and I don't plan on changing that now.
Please, nobody should take blame. This world, our race is what made me take this decision. That and my lack of will to stick with it. Good bye and whenever you miss me, remember I'm completely empty while writing this letter and I just want to rest, forever.
Sorry mom, I love you. To all my family and friends, you know I love you too.
Good bye.
>>
To anybody who ever told me I would one day be happy: this one's for you.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH*

*Note: I would not actually write out "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH." I'd just yell the phrase very loudly before slitting my wrists
>>
I didn't have a senior quote, I probably won't have a suicide note.
>>
I'm not doing this because I have nothing left to live for.

I'm doing this because I have nothing left to live.
>>
They told me I could be anything.
>>
"theoretical"

-Anon
>>
File: Sensible chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Sensible chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>7636333
>>
I just wanted out.
>>
File: 1.jpg (29 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
29 KB, 852x480
>>7635269
To whom it may concern:

I had a dream last night about a bubble.. yes I know that this seems like an odd thing to mention considering my body is hanging nearby, but I feel like I need to explain why I finally decided to do this. This letter is for you, not me; I feel like justice demands an explanation.

Anyways, I dreamt of a bubble caressing a green surface, an outer wall. It rolled upwards, tiptoeing until it reached the walls end, and then she released. She wandered for a long while in ether and found herself feeling very alone, only able to look ahead to an approaching mysterious eternal void. "Death" she said looking onwards, moving continuously closer, then all I saw was black.

I know this seems odd and a bit confusing but I think that what I'm trying to say will soon become clear. Now back to the blackness.
>>
File: Manhattan_beach_wave.jpg (444 KB, 1296x976) Image search: [Google]
Manhattan_beach_wave.jpg
444 KB, 1296x976
>>7635269
In my dream, I emerged out of this "blackness" into a flower. I was content dancing beneath the ocean, my movement felt satisfying, it filled me with a warmth, like steamy bath water, I wiggled my toes with absolute delight. The water exited through my pores, and upon exit transformed into glowing jewels which tickled my skin as it rolled up my body. I looked to my sides and saw many others like myself, millions, an infinite multitude it seemed. I had the notion that they were my siblings, they moved with me by my side. I was sure that it was our mighty collective swaying which pulled the water in and out, back and forth.

Trust me, upon waking up I felt as confused as - I'm confident that - you are. I felt oddly, extremely exhausted, and it being dark, I closed my eyes and pondered what I had just witnessed.

A moment later, taken by another dream I suppose, I breathed her in. She transformed in my lungs into her finest form, beautiful and naked energy. I took pleasure in feeling her move her flame through my body and escape as thought. I saw and felt the forms and colors in which she appeared as, always in costume, in mind. I peered around at my siblings, my friends, and the multitude of those that dwelt around me and felt the whisper of progress in our movement. I was sure that it was us who deserved the honor and achievement of keeping society moving, emerging, and evolving.

And this is it, I woke up with a firm sense of freedom, and peace. I knew that it OK for me to leave, or whatever you want to call it. I hope that this does justice to my actions. Honestly I don’t feel like my choices deserve explanation. Anyways.. I don’t know. . I want you to understand that I'm completely confident and at peace with this. I imagine that upon my last breath that eternal warmth will give comfort to my body, and I'll be liberated, in a sense, beyond the conventional notion of liberation, I'll feel peace beyond the normal notion of peace, and I'll feel love beyond the normal notion of love. Passing through the veil into oneness with "god" is not that most extreme finality that I had once believed, but eternal life. Overcoming my individuality is not a tragedy, but a blessing.. so.. I guess that all that remains in my departure is this, that

I love you.

and farewell.
>>
I'm going to sleep for a while.
>>
>>7636546
Beleaguered, but not despondent, "too long; didn't read", slipped between his mother's lips.
>>
>>7636551
kek
>>
It wasn't worth it.

Whatever it was, it wasn't worth it.
>>
"I've gone to anime."
>>
Long overdue.
>>
>>7635269
fuck da police
>>
>>7635617
Haha I love you.
>>
>>7636227
10/10
>>
>>7635269
Hey man, hold my beer and watch this.
>>
>>7636665
This is my favorite and I'm only saying so because I wrote it.
>>
Move on, i did.
>>
I won't be leaving one. I want my family wonder why and/or what drove me to the point of ending my life. Without giving them satisfaction to why they ruined my life, I will be showing them what it was like to be me. They'll forget about me, but I won't mind, because I'll forget about them.
>>
>>7636244
My favourite one by far.
I like it a lot!
>>
I hope the next society will be more compassionate
>>
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.
>>
Take it from me: suicide is actually cool, and everyone should follow in my example.
>>
>>7635269

peace, im out
>>
>>7636789

kek
>>
>>7636133

this was really good
>>
my corpse when solipsism isn't real
>>
if i accidentally survive you assholes sure as fuck better not put me on life support
>>
I wrote one about three months ago. I was very close to needing to use it. Here it is:

Whoever reads this, do not hide it. It is not private. Make sure at least all the names in here read it, and anyone else who is curious. Show it to everybody I ever met, make them understand -- there's my dying wish.

I am not happy. I don't think I ever have been happy. All my life I looked around and saw people who were happy on accident, people who felt happiness effortlessly. I think being depressed is something like being deaf. Something holds me back and prevents me from feeling the way they feel. I can tear at it and yell at it and ignore it and shed tears for it but I can never remove it.

This is not anyone's fault. It was a very selfish decision. Paul and Anne and Mom and Dad and Jeanne and Bob loved me, and I loved them. Omar and Gibson and Sierra and Tony and Santa Cruz and Mitchell loved me, and I loved them. I wish I could do this without hurting all of you. If anything, this furthers the fact that I was always a bad son and brother and friend and person.

I wish I had been a good person. Everything I did and said was an effort to be a better one, to get closer to that. I never made it. I was surrounded by good people all the time, but I never lived up to a single one of them.

I was also a bad roommate, but I think a rule somewhere says that since I'm dead Auryan gets an A in all his classes. I am sorry for causing you as much trouble as I often did. Someone can use the white paint and paintbrushes I left to fill in the holes in the ceiling left by my poster. Or just tell Housing that a dead man made them.

I have a lot of regrets. I wish I had been in love with someone. I wish I had seen much more of the world and met many more people. I wish I had contributed something great that would give cause for me to be remembered. I wish I had more and better ideas for art. Seeing a person smile at something I made is the best thing I ever felt, but I was never creative or skilled enough to continue all of that.

Most of all I wish I had the willpower to keep looking for happiness and not give up like this. Maybe one day I might have found it and realized everything was worth it.

But I am not strong enough to continue looking.

I cannot hold my breath anymore.

Maybe that proves I deserved this the whole time.
>>
>>7637755
Too sincere
>>
File: 1446075656222.gif (205 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446075656222.gif
205 KB, 500x500
Consider yourself haunted from this point on
>>
>>7637721
>>7637714

10/10
>>
○○○○
○○○
○○

Kèkkek!

○○
○○○
○○○○
>>
>>7635269
Why the hell would you write a note?

I you truly have no more interest in living, who cares.
>>
Dear Evan,

I'll be joining you now.

You were my only friend, I love you
>>
Hej då skitårhundrade.
>>
Needed to sleep, sorry. Body is always in pain. can't think anymore. Didn't want to do it, but it seemed life was over regardless if I stayed or not. I can't talk to you anymore but you can always talk to me. I love you, see you soon, but not too soon.

P.S. Sorry for the mess.
>>
The Jews did this.
>>
Did I miss?
>>
I'm a failure, I dropped out of everything I've ever started, got fired from every job I've ever held and dumped from every relationship I've ever had. I'll never be a kind of man that I could look up to, this is vain I know, but it's what hurts me the most.
I endure a lot of shit, maybe too much, but I won't stand to see myself rot in misery any longer, I won't fade calmly I want to burn and I won't burn alone.

I'm no saint but don't you dare pretend X is a martyr, most of you would have done it yourselves. I sincerely apologize if any innocent was caught in the middle
>>
Shoot me again, just to make sure.
>>
Don't be mad or sad.
On the bright side, no more debt
>>
Please don't embalm my body.
I don't want suited men doing stuff to my corpse.

Also I have a childlike fear of being a soul trapped in a dead body. (Yeah I know)
So please burn me, but don't bother with all that expensive stuff. Just throw me on a camp fire.

I would have burned myself to death, but you know, pain made me reconsider.
>>
>>7637838
>>7637782
>>7637845

kek worthy. Would certainly alleviate the pain of your loved ones, and be a death worth telling about. Which, I think, is the goal here.
>>
File: 1449697369282.jpg (49 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449697369282.jpg
49 KB, 600x600
>tfw death is like sleep paralysis you can never wake up from
>tfw our consciousness continues to exist after death but only among darkness
>tfw all you can do while being dead is go mad
>>
I've wanted this for so long,

Please be happy for me now
>>
>>7638005
>Not embracing it.
>Not lulling your self to eternal peace.

Come on now, it's like you didn't even try.
>>
I follow my idol David Foster Wallace's footsteps. He is the greatest writer in American history, and I will soon join him.
>>
>>7638005
>implying death isn't just a waiting room for souls until a free body is open
>>
>>7638005
>implying life isn't a short hotel stay in which we wait for tomorrow's carriage to take us to an actually meaningful existence
>>
>>7638040
>waiting
>until a free body is open
>implying there is any wait

Even if there is a billion year gap, with out a brain and memories if would feel instantaneous.
>>
Remember that I wish to be cremated.
>>
I'm so sorry, love, Elliott. God forgive me
>>
Are there any books that are essentially one long suicide note?
>>
>>7638516
The pale king
>>
Pic related, OR
"If I was better with words, I might tell you why I did it; but then again, if you knew, you'd follow me."
>>
File: note.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
note.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>7638624
Forgot the pic, like an idiot.
>>
I was driven to terminal autism by all of the cringy suicide notes on /lit/, so I'm gonna kill myself. Please don't look at my dick when I'm dead
>>
All is dark and doubtful.
>>
Do you think the CIA gonna suicide Trump and Sanders if they get to close the White House? Mystery plane crash? Fake "sandy hook" spree shooter? The establishment is fucking shook right now...
>>
our theoretical suicide notes
What do I win?
>>
>>7638689
What could possibly compel you to post this?
>>
It never really worked out.
>>
I loved your spaghetti, mom.
>>
If only I could save her in some sort of time machine
>>
Hopefully i don't have to blow myself up to get a virgin gf otherwise this would have been a waste.
>>
>>7638682
I get the impression that the CIA wants to let Trump/Sanders happen just because they resent the Clintons so much over that whole e-mail server affair.

Trump loves himself too much to resist their demands after he gets elected; he's already made tons of backdoor concessions to the Republican party to stay on their ballots.
>>
File: 11110.png (298 KB, 612x716) Image search: [Google]
11110.png
298 KB, 612x716
>>7636132
>>
Anyone else realizing how fucked up, depressing, and not at all hypothetical most of these are?
>>
>>7638999

>>7638882
Yes

Also, checkd
>>
To anyone who says "He was only 27", I surprised myself by making it this far.
>>
During our visit to San Francisco immediately after I ate that brownie I contracted the stomach illness that we later discovered was hepatitis. After a week of harrowing purging and shitting my pants I expected the discomfort to be over, but I have never been able to shit right. After consecutive visits to multiple doctors over the course of four years, and not finding any satisfying medical solution to alleviate or repair my condition, I'm faced with the recognition that I will never take a solid and hardy dump again. For that reason, I must go. You may not understand my reasoning but I trust that next time you have to fish a nagging, constipated clump of turds out of your ass or undergo the painful and urgent pains of diarrhea, well, I hope you will think of me with at least a little sympathy. I cannot go through this every day. Goodbye. Don't let Brendan have the house.
>>
"It was mostly the lack of pussy."
>>
>>7639051
>2016
>having sex with women
what the hell is wrong with you
>>
>>7638692
Other-sitely habituation
>>
>>7637714
ayyy good one anon
>>
>>7638516
i may be misinformed but the novel from which leaving las vegas is adapted
>>
>>7635269
I'm so sorry for everything.
>>
>>7639060
nice try shylock, but the aryan race ain't gonna die out on my watch
>>
And now I will destroy the whole world.
>>
I blame myself. Why won't you?
>>
File: 1400988408460.jpg (14 KB, 187x200) Image search: [Google]
1400988408460.jpg
14 KB, 187x200
I like it all up to the the last sentence
>>
>>7635269
Everyone thinks I'm a shadow
when I'm hiding in my room
safe within my zone

all the demons that I summon
wipe the blood off the floor
it's my only lore

sorry

I have awoken from my slumber
I was dreaming about a blur
covered in my blood
now my pants are getting sweaty
It's a sign that I must go
back to where I know

sorry

suffer endlessly

suffer endlessly forever
>>
I AM
NO MAN
>>
Why wouldn't anyone love me?

i tried so fucking hard
>>
>>7639516
IN THE ENNNNDDDDD
>>
lmao not really sure what i'm doing here ha ha xx
>>
File: 1450396583639.gif (410 KB, 512x326) Image search: [Google]
1450396583639.gif
410 KB, 512x326
I got out of life exactly what I put in. But I realized too late that coasting is far different from success. If I had the chance to do it over I would do the same thing, because the path of least resistance is aptly named for the lack of pain, if not for the bestowal of pleasure.

Also I sure hope I dont end up as a vegetable lol.
>>
>>7639015
Underrated
>>
>>7639608
More like overrated if it's just a 27 club ref. Don't waste posts
>>
File: 1434200510922.jpg (705 KB, 1600x1608) Image search: [Google]
1434200510922.jpg
705 KB, 1600x1608
Bump more suicide notes are needed for the collection
>>
>>7635269
DA JOOO'SSSSSS

Also burn all of my items at once all in a pile, car included. Then think to yourself. What could i have done to avoid this.
>>
As well as my family and friends, a list of the inanimate objects which I leave with some regret - goodbye to
the sun
the stars
my car
liquor
climbable trees
lsd
solaris (film)
all good bars
whatever the pet/zoo/farm counterpart is to personhood (do not want to extent to flies, fuck flies)
too many bands and artists to name
>>
>>7639904
glad you're gone
>>
File: 1448588568128.png (898 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448588568128.png
898 KB, 1600x1200
>>7635292

9/11

Pay no attention to these /lit/ ultra FAGGOTS that take fire extinguisher steel cylinders as anal dildos. They will never know our pain. And the endless mindless destruction that the filthy, casual dude-bro console peasant has brought upon us. For all you know, people here might even be mobile gamers. If Hitler was alive today, he would be true PC master race and the console and mobile casual scum that is responsible for today's state of gaming would be getting a taste of Zyklon B.

They destroyed everything.

But im not going down by my own hand. If i cant take it no more, it's mass shooting time!!! And the target? EA headquarters.
>>
>>7639929
glad to have done some good, friend :)
>>
>>7639940
Don't be a shitter; contribute to this dying thread.
Rate a shitty letter, rate a good letter
>>
Purgatory might be cool.
>>
>>7639940
go fuck yourself
>>
Don't blame yourself. Some guy on the internet told me to do it.
>>
Excuse the blood, but I have slit my wrists and neck. It was the intention that I would die in the woods so that it would take a few days before I was possibly found. I belong in the woods and have always done so. No one will understand the reason for this anyway. To give some semblance of an explanation I'm not a human, this is just a dream and soon I will awake. It was too cold and the blood was frozen in time, plus my new knife is too dull. If I don't succeed dying to the knife I will blow all the shit out of my skull. Yet I do not know. I left all my lyrics by "Let the good times roll"—plus the rest of the money. Whoever finds it gets the fucking thing. As a last salutation may I present "Life Eternal". Do whatever you want with the fucking thing. / Pelle.

I didn't come up with this now, but seventeen years ago.
>>
Maybe Deadwood will be complete on the otherside.
>>
>>7639942
sorry after reading all the way through i accidentally anthropomorphized and thought the thread wanted to die.

for those scrolling >>7636133 one is good, although as said above, it gets a little overwrought and that last sentence is best ignored
>>
>>7639953
Why did you come into this thread if you had nothing to contribute on the topic?
>>
>>7639951
Hey, did you hear they're finally making that movie
>>
>>7639962
...So I don't have to kill myself?
>>
>>7639960
??
>>
Ouch.
>>
>>7639964
Did you write a letter?
>>
dont blame anybody but me
plant a tree and feed some algae
>>
I got tired of this world is that such a selfish thing?
>>
>>7639968
yes, and ive been strangely compelled to respond to all but one of the replies which have generated as a result, just follow the chain up friend

note its not a good one, just what was in my head when i felt like contributing. id go without a note for sure
>>
>>7639980
Neat thats good enough
>>
>>7639458
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
>>7635270
funny
>>7635277
funny, unauthentic
>>7635292
wordy
>>7635313
conversational tone
>>7635316
light, upbeat, formality could be ironic if you chose a truly messy or gruesome suicide method
>>7635324
trying hard to be poetic, but theresult was a trite and meaningless cliche
>>7635326
french dumbledore
>>7635342
an awful mixture of boasts, melodramatic prose and self indulgence
>>
>>7640009
Why didn't you rate mine you short-sighted follymonster?
>>
Jesus, take the wheel
>>
>>7640029
Whats he gonna do with the wheel when you're dead already baka
>>
>>7640033
Prevent the school bus from going off the cliff
>>
>>7640022
which one is yours?

sorry i got tired after the first few and decided to go back to my movie that i want to finish before bed.
>>
We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs Buckely lives. Every July, peas grow there
>>
C'est la vie
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 320x320
The fire has faded away. The ashes just make me miss the warmth.

Play Ode to Joy at the ceremony.
>>
Even my suicide note is disappointing!
>>
The week before i hang myself i will eat nothing but beans, red meat, spices and beef.
Before i hang myself I'm going attach a mic and a recorder near my asshole.
All i will be leaving is the sound of a massive death fart and a pool of spicy diarrhea.
I call this project "The fleeting sound of my soul".
Art in its truest from.
>>
>you will never be a german soldier in ww2 fighting for a unified white utopia
maybe in the next life
>>
>>7640191
you can still vote for trump, brother, stay strong
>>
I like life, but I like Firefly too, and I wouldn't rewatch it a hundred times.
>>
my name is fred

i am dead

because i shot myself in the head

and fuck you ned
>>
You're probably very confused and distraught right now. This note's purpose is to absolve you and anyone else affected my death of guilt, sadness, and bewilderment.

First off, as to why I did it: I am a coward.

I have every undesirable trait I can think of and am too scared and incompetent to change it. Living longer would only prolong my and other's suffering. There is no reason for me to continue living—my habits and disposition are not going to change overnight. I have had the same flaws from the beginning. They will never change. However, since I am a coward who refuses to bear the brunt of being a disgusting, treacherous person with a heart overflowing with self-pity and aggression, I have resigned to solve my problems by deserting myself.

I could go on, but I don't want to. I still care about what other people think of me, and I don't want to risk losing the massive pity and love that goes to people who kill themselves.

To Mom: Thank you for everything. You are an extremely bold, passionate person who is capable of many, many things. Try taking up a hobby. You don't need an endless supply of money to be happy—find joy in simple things. (Silly of me to be giving life advice, but I can't resist.) Love yourself. This isn't your fault.

To Dad: Thank you for being a voice of calm and reason throughout my childhood. Your kindness and sincerity are deeply appreciated by everyone around you. Maybe try finding more free time—you deserve it. Support mom.

To friends and other family members: You are all wonderful. Thank you for dealing with me and giving me a few spots of happiness in an otherwise bleak life.

To E.: I'm sorry for lying to you so many times. You didn't deserve it. Please acknowledge how good of a person you are. Try becoming a little more self-aware, too.

Don't honor me. Don't paint my death as a heroic sacrifice. I'm not a tortured artist. Im not a noble man.

I loved all of you, and I'm sure many of you loved me, but it's time to leave that behind and forget about me.

Thanks,
M.
>>
>>7637755

Fucking hell man...I am so glad you are doing better...keep fighting the good fight..
>>
>>7635269
I've been deeply misunderstood.

I regret not connecting with people.

Please don't be sad.

Nate, I love you.
>>
This ride has been fun, but it's time for me to get off.

I've always been like this, but after these last few weeks, it's just too much.

I'm sorry everyone, but I guess I'm too weak.

Goodbye everyone, I love you all.

Hello darkness, my old friend.
>>
I made a promise to myself two years ago.
"If by March 2016 you feel the same, kill yourself."
I didn't write a note but I had actually forgotten about that promise until recently and I've felt really strange since.
Does forgetting mean that I'm better? Because I barely even remember how I felt before or if I just pretended to feel.
>>
Life is just a bridge.
>>
If a single person smiles at me on the way to the tracks, I won't do it.
>>
I'm sorry I wasn't good enough for you, dad. I'm sorry I was never as fit as you, or as smart or handsome but I tried. I really did. But it was never enough, you were never satisfied or supportive and yeah, one day I gave up. Getting called stupid every single day of my life just because I got an A and not an A* got to me eventually. You made me feel so worthless, and the worst part is you're right. I won't be bothering you anymore, you'll be free to stare at your old golf trophies and whores you used to date for a week at a time. You threw away your life and you threw away mine. Thanks dad, I'll say hi to mom for you.

lots of love, your biggest failure
>>
>>7635269
My handwriting is awful I doubt anyone would be able to read my suicide note anyway
>>
I wish I was in L o n d o n, or some other seaport town
I'd set my foot in a steamboat and sail the ocean round
Sailing round the ocean, sailing round the sea
I'd think of handsome Molly wherever she might be
>>
>>7636546

if i found the body I wouldn't bother reading it, too long
>>
>>7638516

No Longer Human.
>>
>>7642525
God, my son is such fucking pussy. I'm glad he's dead.

Also, nice humblebrag there about your grades
>>
>>7642524
would you smile to them first?
Or just expect strangers to smile for a dejected man looking like he wants to be left alone.

>>7642509
says the man walking off a cliff

>>7642441
ugh referencing old songs

>>7642068
you know they made a movie? And dollhouse was alright too.

>>7642075
>>7640153
badum-tish

>>7639978
the world is tired of you asshat. what did you bring to the table. There's tons of interesting shit in the world. Did you even travel?

>>7639950
nigga how are you going to do both wrists and neck you slit your wrists you're gonna go to far and not have the control to do the neck and if you do the neck first you are not going to be able to do the wrists

also too long, and cutting is a shit suicide. go with a gun, or suicide by cop

>>7639943
no it wont thats why its purgatory
>>
>>7638516
conspiracy by thomas ligotti isnt quite what you're looking for, but you should read it
>>
Life was/is (on the off chance that I fail please finish the job) pretty good. It's just not me who was/is enjoying it.
>>
>>7642650
I would take those optional tenses out of there. If you're worried about success, chose a method that nearly guarantees results. Like jumping off something ludicrously high. There's almost no way you can fuck that up.

Otherwise a fairly typical note, no great strengths or weaknesses.
>>
>>7636220

Yeah, better meme your suicide letter
>>
>>7636193
Don't be as specific with what led you down this path, just say drugs, or your lifestyle or something.

And never ever mention a mortal coil or souls. Even saying something died inside you is borderline, imo.

This is a serious thing so face it. Be stark; brutal: I dream of this other, better, world every night; I am going to kill myself. Please forgive me, I love you dearly.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 512x288
Mix my ashes into a curry, so I can tear up that ass one last time.
>>
>>7635269
Hey guys I found this really cool way to get a nice tax deduction. Now don't go and fuck it up by overpaying on the funeral.
>>
Dear sir or madam

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of finding my rotting corpse, I would recommend you call the police and they will send someone to collect me. It. I hope this hasn't caused you much distress, but you may want to see a counsellor. It can be very traumatic finding a dead body, especially if they're someone you love. I should know. My cat might not be there, he often leaves for days at a time, but if he is please feed and water him before taking him to an animal shelter. I would do it myself, but I'm too cowardly to say goodbye to him. As for any funeral arrangements, I have no next of kin or known associates, so it might fall to you to decide. I would ask you to have me cremated, without ceremony. There is a bag on the table, it contains £2500, all the money I have. Please use this however you want, consider it recompense for the displeasure of finding the body.

Thank you, and goodbye, John Doe.
>>
>>7642701
>john doe

also nigga why care about the world when you're gone

just burn everything
burn your house down and lock the doors from the inside
>>
>>7642710

Because I am selfish enough to kill myself, but empathetic enough to care about how it may impact others. Burning my apartment would make dozens of other families homeless and destitute. I've been in that situation, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
>>
>>7635269
Isn't writing a suicide note a bit like shouting the last word and running out of a room crying? I try not to do that.
>>
>>7642739
Then don't kill yourself at all. There are many other options.

Try just leaving. Just leave everything and go somewhere, anywhere. A different state, a different country.

What I'm trying to say is, there are more options than continuing to live as you are and self-destruction.

Nigga.
>>
>>7642744
You're leaving the room anyway. You can scream something and run crying, or say something with gravitas, stand, and walk out of the room.
>>
>>7642755

I appreciate that you think you know what people need, and you're probably right. But what you don't understand is that I, and people like myself, are acutely aware of how to fix my life but simply don't have the energy or desire to anymore. Besides, it's not self destruction when you're a non-entity. There's nothing to destroy.
>>
i'm bored and i have nothing to do
>>
>>7637755
Jesus Christ, this is pretty much how I feel everyday. Except that I have a wife, and she and my folks would be destroyed to know I killed myself.
>>
>>7642784
If you're a non-entity, how are you even posting? Don't be melodramatic.

You lose everything with suicide. But if you don't kill yourself, you have many more options with your shitty life. And you can always kill yourself later.

Bottom line, If you had no energy or desire to fix things, I don't think you'd care about a little thing like collateral damage or hurt feelings.

Also, you can just call the cops then shoot yourself or something. Or you can set a delay massage to an officer letting them know you're dead.
>>
>>7642802

I'm not being particularly melodramatic, just objective. I'm not going to try and argue the rationale of committing suicide, it requires a very irrational state of mind that people just can't understand. That's a good idea about phoning the police, I will use it. Thank you.
>>
>>7639950
I thought Dead's note was just "Excuse all the blood".
>>
>>7642811
You have not tried everything. You are lazy, and uncreative. This is how you will be remembered.
>>
told you
>>
>>7642796
>Except that I have a wife
normies fuck off
>>
>>7642820

True.
>>
>>7642828
You are set on this

When you have the knife, or gun, or poison, or when you're standing on a rooftop, remember there were other options. There were things you could have tried, could have done.

Nigga.
>>
>>7642847

I'm going to remember the love of my life and how she died in my arms, the soft kiss of a mother who let her husband beat her to protect her son and the cold nights spent on park benches. There's no point in surviving when all chances of happiness are lost to you. Thanks for listening though. I appreciate that.
>>
>>7642880
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7642632
>not knowing who Dead was
Found the faggot.
>>
>>7642914
bitch I know who Dead is it's still a shit note, and his was just excuse the blood not all that shit

plus he shot himself

doubleplus you're a faggot, no backsies
>>
>>7642919
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_%22Dead%22_Ohlin#Dead.27s_suicide_note
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.