[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you go online for extensive critical interpretations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: hBCgD7u.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hBCgD7u.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
Where do you go online for extensive critical interpretations of novels you've read /lit/? I find myself wanting to read other, analytical, opinions on texts but don't really know where/how to start looking online?
>>
JSTOR
>>
>>7634799
Preferably free. or is it?
>>
>tfw 4chan is contrarian I can't even say how good 8 1/2 is.
>>
>>7634830
The fact that it isnt is disgusting.
>>
>>7634831

You can say it to me. It's a great movie
>>
>>7634855
J...JSTOR?
>>
>>7634859
No. Savage.
>>
>>7634830
Are you at university? If so you almost certainly have access somehow. Otherwise you might be out of luck.
>>
>>7634871
Oh and some of the older stuff is public domain now, so you could go for those..
>>
>>7634796

sparknotes, shmoop
youtube uni lectures, book reviews, or crash course
harold bloom
goodreads
ask /lit/ what they thought of a book
>>
That feeling when you have almost unrestricted JSTOR access.
>>
>>7634877
sparknotes and shmoop are shit

goodreads is shit

/lit/ is super shit.
>>
>>7634880
let me guess - you never use it cause you'd rather spend that time shitposting instead :^)
>>
>>7634877
looking for something much more substantial than things like sparknotes

>>7634830
Nah, sadly not, is there another way?
>>
>>7634899
I use it constantly :).
>>
>>7634796
JSTOR or your university e-library
>>
>>7634796
Nowhere. The only valid interpretations are those I make myself. Everything else is just pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>7634982
>tfw there are actually people who believe this
>tfw you may or may not actually be one of them

this is a sad illustration of poe's law
>>
>>7634987
>tfw you need to read someone else's interpretations of books
>tfw you're not smart enough to understand them on your own
>tfw you're a pretentious hipster with a shelf full of giant unread books
>>
>>7634997
>projecting this hard
>>
>>7634999
wat
>>
>>7634796
What was the last work that you felt like reading an "extensive critical interpretation" about?
>>
>>7634796
Thug Notes bruh. Visit the Wisecrack youtube channel. You won't be disappointed.
>>
>>7635014
I mean I think it for basically everything I read, I find other people thoughts on a book very interesting and I'm not clever enough to consider certain contexts etc. myself.
>>
>>7634880
How exactly do I find the good stuff on JSTOR? I have unlimited access but i can't figure out how to filter/use the search function to find stuff actually in depth and worth reading.
>>
>>7635131
get good scrub. took me 2 years of undergrad to figure that shit out to where i could find something relevant to what i was looking for. not just gonna hand my secrets out.
YOU HAVE TO EARN ITTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>7634796
Just use google scholar to find the books you're interested in and then proceed to search them on libgen.

If you want to use JSTOR here's some random login:
username:aes password:4aes23nd12
Just remember that most of JSTOR articles aren't very new. If you find something that isn't on JSTOR that interests you, you can check libgen, and if they don't have it just post on /r/scholar
>>
>>7635527
pls anon
>>
>>7634861
old men ... running the world ... a new age within six months
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.