[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you can put it into words, what is it that you would say are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: pulitzer-prize-medal.jpg (160 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
pulitzer-prize-medal.jpg
160 KB, 500x280
If you can put it into words, what is it that you would say are the markers of a "good" (where good means rich or literary) book?

How much of it is craft, or the very beauty of the language use? Can an idea-rich, thoughtful piece still be literary even if it is very clunky or ugly (looking at you, Kant)?

How much of it is ideawork or theme? Can a piece that has a masterful aesthetic and gorgeous language-use, but is otherwise vapid and without intent, be literary or valuable?
>>
>>7633932
about 17 percent
>>
>>7633932
All the Light We Cannot See won the Pulitzer this year. I have not heard glowing reviews from /lit/, its sorta momfic.

The Man Booker and longlist was awesome this year

The Nobel was great this year.

The Pulitzer non-fic is usually great.

actually quality of a book is subjective to the individual and objective only after time and subjective love by masses of academics and readers alike acclaim it so
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.