[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which should I start with?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2
File: Wordle-vocabulary-1p1s4xh.jpg (69 KB, 1024x608) Image search: [Google]
Wordle-vocabulary-1p1s4xh.jpg
69 KB, 1024x608
Hey. Recently I have started to read books in English. Since English is not my first language, I find it difficult to read fluently.

The only book I read in English and found no difficulties to read it, was The Catcher in the Rye. It was easy to me to read.

Now, I have bought these books in English:
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
The Great Gatsby
Gravity's Rainbow
Into The Wild

Which one of these books are the *less* vocabulary challenging?
>>
Why not just read something from Hemingway? You know that you won't get a translation and you know it won't have too many unknown words?
>>
File: kPXhpsA.jpg (391 KB, 747x1417) Image search: [Google]
kPXhpsA.jpg
391 KB, 747x1417
I'd say Gatsby and Cuckoo's Nest are the easiest to read of the bunch you posted. Also, l'd suggest you read some of Pynchon's other works before diving into the Gravity's Rainbow.

Here's the /lit/ starter chart too. Moat of the books here are entry level, so you shouldn't have a problem with them.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.