[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody fill me in on the background between Catholics and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 9780142437346[1].jpg (2 MB, 1440x2244) Image search: [Google]
9780142437346[1].jpg
2 MB, 1440x2244
Can somebody fill me in on the background between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland at the time?
>>
>>7632258
basically irish cathoics were shit tier niggers who didnt bathe and played in pools of mud and their own shit.

protestants were the colonial english or irish race traitors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Roman_Catholicism_in_Ireland
>>
>>7632258
Pretty much English were protestants (there were Irish protestants such as Bram Stoker) and the Irish were Catholics. Their hatred of each other stemmed because of their difference of religion (who the head of each church was), but also because of the ethnicity of each religion's followers. I recommend reading the wiki page or watching a documentary on the troubles or just on the history of Ireland in general to get a better idea on Joyce.
>>
>>7632276
no the religion is not important. it's the power structures that surrounded the religion. protestantism is to catholicism is what existentialism is to christianity. basically the merchant class started to be a thing and money was suddenly important. so suddenly the whole of europes merchants start going, uh, fuck you, im not obligated to do shit for the king, I have money and he should pay me for my services, invisible hand of the market ect. protestants were pro-merchant. catholics were pro-monestary/feudal system way back when. so measures had to be introduced to weaken the catholics by making them dirt poor and into literal niggers. taking their land away, heavy taxation, banning them from public institutions and education. this made them all crazy dirty niggers. and if you ever meet an alcoholic irishman, you will understand that they are basically complete niggers and why that is.
>>
bushmil > jameson
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.