[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi! can someone help me remember the name of a novel? I read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1450073265933.gif (1003 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
1450073265933.gif
1003 KB, 360x640
hi! can someone help me remember the name of a novel? I read it a few years ago in one of my english lit classes which focuses on american literature between 1920 and 1950

Anyway, all I really remember from the book is that it's somewhat surreal and kind of falls in the modernist movement.

The only part of the story that I remember is that at one point a character's dog was standing/walking on its hind legs and as the book went on it became more and more dream-like (like they'd go outside and be in a completely different area from where their house was)

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
>>
>>7631831
god that is a gorgeous gif
>>
>>7631879
Yeah I really like this one. I have a few more on my laptop that I can post later to keep the thread bumped. I really want to remember the name of this book but can't for the life of me remember it
>>
>>7632145

The gif is from the wizard of oz.
>>
>>7632152
you dont say
>>
File: thank you come again.png (280 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
thank you come again.png
280 KB, 500x385
>>7632175

I hope this has been enlightening for you. Thank you, come again.
>>
>>7631831
It's called Gone with the Wind, OP. It's about a dog who farts a lot. Yet, he feels lighter with each fart, his woes and existential angst passing away in invisibly diffusing wisps of foulness. Thus the dog learns to walk upright and the novel ends as he tiptoes to Enlightenment.
>>
>>7633073
That's not it, but thanks for the response!

I'm just going to go to my parents house tomorrow or saturday and hope that they didn't throw away my notebooks from college..
>>
File: Kwikemarthead.png (372 KB, 603x461) Image search: [Google]
Kwikemarthead.png
372 KB, 603x461
>>7634504

Thank you, come again.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.